Choose style:

Author Topic: Blocked webpage (SOLVED)  (Read 396 times)

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Blocked webpage (SOLVED)
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:40:56 am »
Hi guys

An employee of mine brought his laptop running PM9 into work yesterday and said he cannot access his internet banking, so we fired it up went to the page and it opened up instantly, we tried it with Firefox & Chromium and worked each time we tried on our android phones and it also worked, The site in question is TSB internet banking login page and when he tries to access it at home he's told "Access Denied" this is before he attempts to input his username/password so this is not a secure page anyone can access it.

He had contacted TSB who said there was no problem at their end which seems right to me, so I suggested to him the problem was with Virgin Media (his ISP) or maybe his router, so he contacted VM and they said they're not blocking it and there's no problem at their end but it seems to me it has to be their problem as it's connecting through TalkTalk , Now TV &  O2 mobile but it would be useful to know if anyone else using VM has the same problem with this page so if there's anyone using VM could they be kind enough to go to that page and let me know if they could access it
The page address is
https://internetbanking.tsb.co.uk/personal/logon/login/#/login

Many thanks

Graeme
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:33:41 am by emegra »
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Blocked webpage
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:42 am »
Try changing the DNS servers in networkmanager.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Re: Blocked webpage
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:33:12 am »
Try changing the DNS servers in networkmanager.

We tried that and it failed

To cut a long story short after days of head scratching and trying this and trying that not to mention endless hours on the phone to VM technical they finally agreed to give him a new router and that solved the problem, what actually went wrong with it or why it was only denying access to that one page will remain a mystery, so it's a case of all's well that ends well

Once again thanks for the help

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Blocked webpage (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 12:30:36 pm »
how odd is that  .. glad it's solved though :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec