Author Topic: [torvalds/linux] Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.  (Read 4699 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: [torvalds/linux] Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 05:06:40 pm »
I'm still at a loss as to how a code of conduct that kernel developers have decided to (or been forced to) adhere to would affect your project, if that project doesn't entail submitting code to the kernel ?

This CoC is not forward transferable .. just because your project may utilise the Linux kernel doesn't mean you too have signed up to the CoC.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline untrusted user

• Newly Subscribed
  • open sauce user
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 03:53:07 am »
I'm still at a loss as to how a code of conduct that kernel developers have decided to (or been forced to) adhere to would affect your project, if that project doesn't entail submitting code to the kernel ?

This CoC is not forward transferable .. just because your project may utilise the Linux kernel doesn't mean you too have signed up to the CoC.

i have written that not only the kernel is infected by this new CoC!

Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]
the actual list of adopters of this pinkish pony-esk worlds most disastrous Code of Catastrophy.

Must i really explain that each user of programs / libraries which are produced under the rules of this CoC, is also supporting / accepting this CoC?

read, think, discover relations, conclude, decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZHZqzCXUY

another explaining video.

beside of that, it is your thing how wide you claim your horizon, how much facts and variables you include in your thoughts and decisions, i guess we have different results / conclusions, that is not a critic its just life as it is - divers.
For myself is see the opensource - project in real danger, also the society, its a cultural war of ugly pink - lilac haired women / hen or whatever they call themselfs, and they are a virus which will cause an immun reaction from the society, which means exclusion.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:54:42 am by CRLinux »
open source + SJWs + Politics + DoubleStandards = No future! and very hateful present! :O + open source becomes open sauce (too many cooks you know)

Offline pin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 04:56:05 am »
This topic was also raised on the Void Linux forum.
It lasted less than an hour  ;)
The topic was closed by one of the Void devs with following explanation:
The youtube video you linked is someone who has nothing to do with Linux who makes money on their youtube channel doing videos about right/conservative politics, all this “SJW” talk is biased and feeds into their audience.
Many of the sources in the news articles are from similar people who have no relation to Linux, usually “conservative” internet personalities.

There are many “journalists” who include personal attacks, spread conspiracy theories and feed into the anti SJW, anti feminism audience just to generate clicks.

If you look at discussions about this on twitter, reddit etc, you can see people who have little to do with linux will comment and get up-voted for it. They usually post in Gamer Gate, The_Donald and similar subreddits and their mission is to spread misinformation and hate.

The mail to the mailing list is someone anonymously spamming the message.

If there really would be someone who wants to revoke the license for their code this would be a legal issue and no one knows what would come out of it.

I don’t think the Void forum is the right place to discuss politics and conspiracy theories.

Maybe, we (here) should have done the same?  :-\

This sort of discussion leads to nothing and it has turned into a personal opinion battle.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 05:04:24 am by pin »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 05:15:33 am »
[TOPIC LOCKED]

Before it gets out of hand.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec