Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi Ralph,

I only use Openshot to make titles the rest i.e. rendering and editing I use Kdenlive.  Openshot has always been a bit buggy for me although it does seem to be getting better.

Touch wood, I've never had a crash or lost any work with Kdenlive whereas I  have had a few frustrations with Openshot in the past.

Tony
As alynur suggests, please open new topics with descriptive titles for your new questions. This topic is entitled "Question on Ice and Netflix with Firefox", your two new questions don't fall within this.

This purely so topics contain a SINGLE issue that can be marked (SOLVED) when a solution is found .. making it easier for others with a similar issue to find a working solution.

TIA :)
News and Reviews / Re: Peppermint 9 on Distrowatch weekly
« Last post by PCNetSpec on Today at 12:14:05 pm »
Sad (and annoying) isn't it :(
« Last post by Ly on Today at 11:43:02 am »
i think they'r just copy/past'ing other "reviews" they find on the net about peppermint, too bad they don't take example on the good reviews and stick to this "cloud based distro" stigma  :-\
« Last post by Fritz74 on Today at 11:15:05 am »
@AndyInMokum: I remember your well written comment about what Peppermint wants to achieve under the following interview:
http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/an-interview-with-peppermint-ceo-mark-greaves

But people are superficial. If I were Mark, I would threaten to punch them if they continue saying Peppermint is all about Ice.
« Last post by murraymint on Today at 11:04:44 am »

Itís the little differences that make Peppermint great, and those you won't find before using the system for real.

Yes, it seems the reviewer couldn't be bothered to spend much time using the distro and was just looking for an easy differentiator. Pretty lazy but then I saw this underneath:

Peppermint OS has a visitor supplied average rating of: 8.8/10 from 132 review(s).

Now that would make me more likely to want to try it than the text of this review.
Well after following TB's instructions it worked. Well sort of. I was getting some weird behavior. If one uses OpenShot you know that when you click Ctrl+K you get a separation of the time line. Well I got a seperation alright. The right side of the time line would move right about an inch. Never saw that before. Also, the video added to the time line was way out of sync audio to video by about a second. I check my recorded video to see if that was out of sync and it was perfect. So when adding to the timeline something wasn't lining up. I know I can do something to adjust for that but I didn't have to when using P8.   After I would export the video I would go back to see how it played and sometimes the audio would keep playing but the video would stop. I was wasting time and becoming frustrated.
What to do? You folks have made it so easy to install an OS that I just went back to P8 and all is. ;D :D :) 
All I'm trying to do is edit some half hour sitcoms and old westerns by removing commercials. Nothing fancy.   
You were correct in you assumption that I clicked before making executable and it did show up as a device. I was expecting a popup to say make executable like in P8. When that didn't work I deleted the appimage and  I followed these directions:  https://itsfoss.com/use-appimage-linux/       and it still didn't work until I used your directions. Anyway, I really do thank you for your short video and all your effort.
« Last post by AndyInMokum on Today at 10:37:29 am »
Peppermint 9 is not for everyone, but users who do most their work in Google Docs or Microsoft Office Online should give Peppermint a try. However, users accustomed to using traditional desktop applications might want to stick to one of the many alternatives out there. Yes, Peppermint 9 can be easily adjusted to use traditional desktop applications, but many of the other distribution options out there come with those kinds of applications pre-installed.
So the reviewer would rather switch to a different operating system than just install LibreOffice, which takes less than five minutes.   :P

Maybe it would be a good idea to be as blunt as possible, like: We give you a solid base system. You can extend it by installing software from the vast Ubuntu repositories or integrate web apps with Ice.

Come on Fritz74, that's too obvious.  <<< sarcasm rearing its ugly head  :D.  How about those folk that don't want to use LibreOffice?  They'd rather use ONLYOFFICE or WPS.  Why should we impose or our ideas on the end user.  It's not like you have to buy the software to try it.  Download it, try it, keep it, or discard it - simple.  I'm with you 100%  ;).
Hardware / Cannot access usb network drive on new asus router
« Last post by jlschwartz on Today at 10:28:17 am »
I got a new Asus RT-AC86U router and I have a 32 gb usb drive plugged into it.  I can easily connect to it with windows 10 but not with Peppermint 8.  It finds the drive and a box pops up asking for a password.  I enter the userid, the network domain, and the password but it will not connect.  It would connect easily with my old TP-Link router.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10