Author Topic: How do I remove Chrome Remote Desktop?  (Read 363 times)

Offline Matthew

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 & 10 Respin
How do I remove Chrome Remote Desktop?
« on: July 29, 2020, 05:48:26 am »
I wanted to be able to access my Peppermint 10 Respin computer from my laptop while I was at work and Chrome Remote Desktop seemed like a possible way to do so.  I installed on both computers but never could get the thing to work.  I ended up doing what I needed the old fashioned way, deal with it when I get back home.

Since I couldn't get it to work I've decided to just uninstall the program completely.  The problem is that I simply don't know the best way to get rid of it completely and don't want orphaned files hanging around.  Even though I get updates for it I can't see it in Synaptic to remove it and it doesn't show up in the Software Manager.

Any suggestions about how to get rid of Chrome Remote Desktop without causing problems with broken packages and such?

Offline m1k3

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Ten
Re: How do I remove Chrome Remote Desktop?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 10:10:07 am »
Running
Code: [Select]
sudo apt autoremove in your terminal should remove any dependencies that are not being used. If you're receiving updates then you must have something installed.

Also try running
Code: [Select]
dpkg-query -f '${binary:Package}\n' -W | grep chrome to see if anything stands out to you.

Edit: I should mention that I don't know anything about chrome remote desktop specifically. Did you have to install anything manually with a script or downloaded binary file?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:39:55 am by m1k3 »

Offline m1k3

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Ten
Re: How do I remove Chrome Remote Desktop?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 10:43:51 am »
By the way, in the future you might want to look into Remmina. That has worked well for me in the past.