Author Topic: Thanks to everyone at Peppermint Linux, and a question  (Read 517 times)

Offline BrianLinuxing

• Newly Subscribed
  • BrianLinuxing
    • View Profile
    • Linuxing In London
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 10
Thanks to everyone at Peppermint Linux, and a question
« on: July 04, 2020, 03:55:26 am »
Hello,

I am Brian.

Been doing IT for ages and I want to thank Joseph and the Peppermint team for all of their sterling efforts.

Clearly it has been very difficult for everyone recently and I appreciate that the transition is still happening with lots to do.

I have used Peppermint since version 8 and loved its simplicity.

Is there a provision or outline road-map for future releases?

[Background: I give the only free Linux classes in Britain and use version 10 as the main example, but there is often a push from the class to use later versions of Ubuntu. I prefer to keep on using a Peppermint distro (when its based on 20.04) because of its excellent performance, less bugs and resource management, etc]

So is there a gut feeling when a 20.04 release might happen? Just a ballpark would suffice.

[Reason: I have a new class coming up and need to prepare my 100+ slides one way or the other!]

Thanks, Brian
I remember punchcards, FORTRAN, etc even COBOL, but I don't think we should live in the past.

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Thanks to everyone at Peppermint Linux, and a question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 02:55:12 pm »
Hi Brain,
We will have a release based on Ubuntu 20.04 and our developers are currently working on it. In the past we've gone with a "When it's ready" approach and shy away from deadline estimates.

I'm not part of the development team so I dare not take that guess but I can tell you the next release is in active development now.
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."

Offline Johan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Thanks to everyone at Peppermint Linux, and a question
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 01:32:40 am »
Although I can't wait for Peppermint 11 to come out, I don't mind the waiting because Pepp 10 will work till 2023 ;)
Once Peppermint, always Peppermint.