Author Topic: Peppermint 11 question/discussion etc.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 Respin
Re: Peppermint 11 question/discussion etc.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 07:24:31 am »
Meanwhile, I use the start menu constantly because I don't like having icons all over my screen @Johan ... nor do I open programs via the terminal. So different strokes for different folks. Which is precisely why the modularity of Linux is so beautiful...

We do have two German speaking Trusted Users on our team @LordKaan, if that is more comfortable for you. You'll need to wait for them to respond though. Otherwise, hope you are enjoying your chance to revive your high school English. I have ventured back into my high school French on our Facebook presence. I am only able to do so because my other half is 100% fluent , often mistaken for a native whenever he's in France. Same for his Russian, 100% fluent, though they think he's Estonian.

8)

Peppermint 11 will not revert to the PM 6 style menu. What you are doing to retain that elder menu may well continue to work. Others from #teampeppermintOS will have to advise later, as I am not personally versed in package/code intricacies. Ahh! I see @rayzer has stepped up! 

;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:14:51 am by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 Respin currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
& '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline Johan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 09:29:07 am »
@rayzer: But then you can't use the superkey to open the menu. There is an option to enable it though if I remember correctly :-\
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:32:01 am by Johan »
Once Peppermint, always Peppermint.

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6 and 10respin
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 10:25:07 am »
thats a standard xfce feature, if you do not wish to use the whiskermenu ...
I knew !!!!
In the first issu of X it seems, it wasnt implent,PCNetSpec helped me in Oktober a lot, to get this feature back;
with the "new" issu of 10 it is included - and i found by my self

So, it is just my please, make 11 as u want; but pls. let the option in too

(Sorry my english - hope u get, what i mean)

Peppermint 11 will not revert to the PM 6 style menu. What you are doing to retain that elder menu may well continue to work.
As i got -now without translation- there are no plans, to have (even with/by instaling by user) a single/simple one row menu

Sad to hear it,
cause i am fine -even when i have to implent by my self- with the single row menu...

About german speaking usres.

I am not that often here; so there is no need for it; but thank you

The things from above, was just a thought/wish/input from user-side

Offline bloodhunter1394

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PeppermintOs 10 respin
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 02:09:47 pm »
I hope  peppermint 11 is going to have flatpak support built into to software center. right now its kind of hard to telll which package is a deb or snap or flatpak.  i use flatpak  version of vscode because i am a beginer developer  and i dont trust micrososft.  their developement products world class. But their attitude is horrid and i cant stand their sneaky ways. so flatpak is great for such applications being containerized and separate from the system.

Offline grafiksinc

• Developer
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): --Debian--
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 04:29:39 am »
I dunno...I am a mono-develop user myself... Even though Xamarin was  by MS. Its roots is Opensource ;)

https://www.monodevelop.com/

Offline m1k3

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Ten
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 06:48:05 pm »
im using brave as my default browser now, its chromium based but i have no snapd, flatpak or chromium installed. nice and stable and doesnt use much memory, also its inbuilt adblocker is quite decent.

Be cautious of Brave. There's a business model attached to it: https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2020/06/06/the-brave-web-browser-is-hijacking-links-and-inserting-affiliate-codes/