Author Topic: peppermintos .info - not available [solved]  (Read 1071 times)

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: peppermintos .info - not available [reopen]
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 09:42:22 am »
Sorry, i duno know who "Mark" is; is he "PCNetSpec"?

This isn't a good news; cause few tutorials -as i saw- a refering the .info adresse (with and without Software),

and Noobish as i am (I duno understand most of the terminal stuff; i just do step-by Stepas recoomanded) it would be hard, to find a new solution. (Hopefully iso will return; maybe under the new adress/Downloadserver (like university), so that i can try, cause i duno have all offline; or no glue, how to do; even, when rayzer try to explain it (I will try this way)))
Meanwhile the info adress still said, cant read the certificate.
----------------
OT:
Of course, i understand, what it means, to reduce costs; and where it makes sense to offer "old" stuff vs. costs.
And  i prefer, to keep the community (beside a great OS) instead lose them, cause reasons of money,
I guess, there is a way, to find solutions

-------
Last time; few days before (see my test thread) I wasn able to reply ; i was refused by the server; only "small" replys, like this test stuff, works; - the side said, i should report this issu to the admin;
Seems it's fixed now

Yep, Mark was PCNetSpec here in the forums. He was Peppermint project CEO and lead developer and passed away late last year. He handled quite a bit on his own so we lost a lot of knowledge and a good friend. Fortunately we have his forum posts that still guide us.

Hosting is a longer story.  Peppermint had sponsored hosting from 2010 to a few months ago. They decided to rescind  that offer and started invoicing us,

As our website administrator I had to act quickly. They were planning to shut down our websites and forum. I had a month long struggle with their customer support over some really simple questions and it became apparent they had outsourced their customer service.

I have a great deal of personal experience with webshosts and can tell you what we were being invoiced should have provided a lot more attention than what we were getting. Every time I followed up on a question it sat for days only to get a reply from someone who didn't read the previous thread. Insane. Anyway I don't have any ill will towards the old webhost but found their customer service very underwhelming. I suspect they prefer working with enterprise clients not small projects like us.

Once I moved us to a new webhost forum responsiveness improved. Previously we had been on a six year old under maintained install and its age was starting to show.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:49:11 am by josephd »
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6 and 10respin
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 01:41:46 pm »
Yep, Mark was PCNetSpec here in the forums.

Oh :(((((((((( Sad to hear this;
Really sad

-----------------------
Many years before i had this kind of problems too 
so i do understand u/the rest of the team well, even, to find a practicable way.

So, with all understanding for this i will keep my questions back/be patient
(excuse my english - its just long time learnd school english)

Hope, project Peppermint want be get lost, cause i love it (as user) since PM5  (i used one before while AMD E450 times too)

Thx 4 explaining; Good luck

Offline rayzer

• Trusted User
  • Graphics n Stuff
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 Respin
Re: peppermintos .info - not available [solved]
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 05:16:10 pm »
Hope, project Peppermint want be get lost, cause i love it (as user) since PM5  (i used one before while AMD E450 times too)

Thx 4 explaining; Good luck

team peppermint are actively working on the next release, when it will be ready is anyones guess. just need to be a bit patient given the circumstances
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:35:27 am by rayzer »
For wallpapers ive made you can download them here

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 Respin
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 09:00:53 am »
Yep, Mark was PCNetSpec here in the forums.

Oh :(((((((((( Sad to hear this;
Really sad

https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,9283.0.html

:(
spence
PeppermintOS 10 Respin currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
& '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.