Choose style:

Author Topic: Cronopete .DEB file? SOLVED  (Read 80 times)

Offline lliam53

• New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Cronopete .DEB file? SOLVED
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:32:46 am »
Having made use of Timeshift to snapshot my 64 bit system using available HDD's I wish to make a snapshot using a network drive [my other  i386 machine has only one hdd] Timeshift can not use network drives. It appears that Cronopete can [?] wanting to try it out [it does not appear in the software manager] I am now the proud owner of a .DEB file which I downloaded. Now the question is 'what next?' I have managed to get my head round TAR packs but .DEB? 
Oh before I get chastised I have tried just about every variation on cronopete and DEB [together and seperately] in the search on this forum, to no avail...    lliam
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 03:52:56 am by lliam53 »
hopefull

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
Re: Cronopete .DEB file?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 03:21:42 pm »
If your ".DEB" file ends with .deb, you should only have to double click on it and select install. That's what makes DEB files so easy.
What was I thinking?

Offline lliam53

• New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Re: Cronopete .DEB file?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:50 am »
alynur, my thanks, worked perfectly of course. Good to know that about DEB files. Now to see if Cronopete will do what I want [system mirror].  Well no, Cronopete will only back up [data] folders and using the network would not appear to be an option. Such a pity that Timeshift will not work with a netwiork drive.
Learned about .DEB though. :)        lliam
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:22:37 am by lliam53 »
hopefull