Author Topic: Lid close  (Read 338 times)

Offline guymontag

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 Respin
Lid close
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:44:21 pm »
Hello,

I have recently switched to Linux and after a few false starts I now think I have found my distro! Peppermint 10 Respin is an amazing achievement and I have been absolutely delighted with almost every aspect of it. It is an enormous improvement over OS X (which I came from). It has breathed new life into my 2010 Macbook Pro which was on its last legs.

I have one issue however - when I close the lid, the screen goes to sleep which I consider to be normal behaviour. However, it will not wake up! Therefore I am forced to perform a 'hard reset'.

A search tells me that other people have had this problem but much of the advice refers to previous versions of Peppermint, or to different hardware and does not seem to apply (although it might, I am just new!).

Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer a newbie with this...

Online alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
Re: Lid close
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 05:47:39 am »
Hi guymontag, welcome to Peppermint, glad you like it. If you right click on the battery indicator and then left click on Power manager settings,does the settings window under General, have an option labeled ยท"Laptop Lid; When laptop lid is closed;"? If it does, you should be able to select "Switch off display" for both On battery and Plugged in. That should solve your problem. I have to ask if this is available because I have P9 installed on my laptop and so I don't know what it looks like in P10.
What was I thinking?

Offline guymontag

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 Respin
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 08:41:15 am »
alynur,

That has done it! I can't believe it was that simple, thank you. The Power Manager is exactly as you described it in my version Peppermint.

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

Online alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:09:23 pm »
Wow, I actually fixed one!  ;D Glad it was so easy. Now if you could modify the original post and include (SOLVED) in the Subject line that would be appreciated.
What was I thinking?