Author Topic: What drivers for Asrock Rx580 video card  (Read 219 times)

Offline John Foster

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
What drivers for Asrock Rx580 video card
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:48:22 am »
I have a recent build of a custom server. I installed among other OS the Peppermint OS 10 respin system Unmodified. My hardware is not working properly as the default driver is not exactly what the video card seems to require. I have downloaded what AMD says is the correct driver but have not installed it yet. the driver is amdgpu-pro-20.10-1048554-ubuntu -18.04.tar.xz.
My question is has anyone here used this driver? for this card or any AMD chipset card esp. with Polaris chips?

Offline John Foster

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Re: What drivers for Asrock Rx580 video card
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 12:52:56 pm »
 >:( Well I tried the amdgpu-pro install and it seemed to install OK but then the system would not reboot into a graphics screen. I tried a couple of times but it seemed to lock up in the boot sequence with an error message about disabling PSP  and an error about SEV. I don't know what either of these is,  so I booted into a terminal and removed the amdgpu-pro installation. Now back to working. I am having issues with the keyboard and mouse locking up and crashing the system RANDOMLY. That is why I tried this.
Any ideas, tips, etc.
Thanks!

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PMVII, PMVIII, PMIX, PMX Respins
Re: What drivers for Asrock Rx580 video card
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:05:02 pm »
Hello and welcome to our forum @John Foster!

right click anywhere on the desktop > Launch Peppermint Settings Panel >  Peppermint Control Center >  then run thru all the settings there related to your keyboard and mouse...

Also, In order to help the forum moderators help you with the video card issues, please supply them with the terminal output for

Code: [Select]
inxi -Fz
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 03:28:42 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 8,9 & 10 Respins currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
PMX Respin on '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.