Author Topic: Deactivate ALT+left click to drag window (SOLVED)  (Read 244 times)

Offline depalma

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Deactivate ALT+left click to drag window (SOLVED)
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:15:42 am »
Hi everyone,

By default, Peppermint allows to move windows around the desktop by pressing ALT + left click + moving the mouse. However, RStudio and other software use the same key combination to activate column mode editing (multi-line selection), which is very helpful.

How do I deactivate the default ALT + left click + drag to move windows around in Peppermint 10? I went into dconf Editor and changed the value of "mouse button modifier" from <Alt> to <Super> for both GNOME and Cinnamon and rebooted, but it didn't work.

Thank you
David
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:59:22 am by depalma »

Online spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PMVIII, PMIX, PMX Respins
Re: Deactivate ALT+left click to drag window
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 02:07:23 pm »
Hello and welcome to our forum @depalma!

right click anywhere on the desktop > Launch Peppermint Settings Panel >  Peppermint Control Center > Keyboard Shortcuts > click any of them to create a new launcher or edit the one there.

If this reply solves your query, please kindly remember to edit the subject line of your OP (original post) in this or any of your threads to append (SOLVED), (RESOLVED) or (ABANDONED) at the end. Whichever best suits the completion of your OP (original post) query.

For further reading about why we ask for this bit of forum etiquette and how to do so, please read the pinned post by peppermintOS founder Kendall Weaver here:
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,24.0.html

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:09:09 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 8,9 & 10 Respins currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
PMX Respin on '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline depalma

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Re: Deactivate ALT+left click to drag window (SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 05:57:00 am »
Hi Spence,

Thank you for your answer. However, I couldn't find the ALT + leftClick + drag shortcut in Peppermint Control Center > Keyboard shortcuts.

I did find a solution that worked for me in an xfce forum (https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=2989). It is as follows.

• type xfce4-settings-manager in terminal
  • click 'settings editor'
  • then to the left click xfwm4 channel
  • then in the right pane change the value of easy_click  from <alt> to nothing