Author Topic: Bad downloads? (Solved) NO  (Read 294 times)

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Pep 8 on 386, Pep 10 on AMD 64
Bad downloads? (Solved) NO
« on: March 30, 2020, 09:37:25 pm »
I am just now seriously trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S7. The local computer store has hacked this model for me before but this time I am trying to do it my self. I found heimdall-frontend which is a program just like Oden for windows, except heimdall and the front end are available in the repo.

Anyway with two diferent image files that I have down loaded heimdall, wants to see an xml file. I have downloaded it and redownloaded both files several times. And all I can find on this issue is that the missing xml file means that it was a bad download. I can not seem to use download managers because these files are stored in Dropbox and Google Drive respectively.

I have with one of the files, save it to my dropbox and used it from there. I got the exact same error.

I guess I am asking if anyone has ever encountered a similar issue with file downloads. By the way both files come named as file.tar.md5 or file.rar.md5
But neither file has a md5 number to check against  the file.

Here is the dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc3d3y74ur2h8nh/unlockg891aboot.tar.md5?dl=0
Here is the Google Drive file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGtxjI4tPYfOTfXwsW8W99sBXabdln2N/view

Regards.

Answer

NO
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:21:57 am by Brotherred »
"Those that don't know pay for it. My currency is pride"

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: Bad downloads?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:14:15 am »
Hi Brotherred,

This is not a support question for the PeppermintOS forum. You should contact the people responsible for heimdall or perhaps a Samsung Galaxy forum.  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome