Author Topic: I can't log in after update "Inicio de Sesion... (Peppermint 10) (RESOLVED)  (Read 504 times)

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Yesterday I updated some system files using the default program, but when I did restart, it dont let me log in, it says "Inicio de Sesion Fallido" ... I've been looking for a fix, before I come here, I was trying commands for Ubuntu and Mint, because of the lack of information about Peppermint on web pages but it doesn't work.. can someone tell me if that have any real solution? Or I have to reinstall Peppermint?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:44:16 am by spence »
Software Libre & Comunidad

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
I had to install XFCE4 DE to access to my PC, but this is not a convenient solution .. is there any way to re-install the default Peppermint DE?  With XFCE I can log in, but I can't access to the session options in the menu (shutdown, restart, etc) I have now to do it manually using the terminal..

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Hi ryos,

There is no single package "Peppermint DE" that can simply be installed. It is most probably best and easiest for you to add a logout button to the xfce4 panel.

Regards,

-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
That so sad, I dont want to reinstall peppermint and make all the changes that I've did, that is a lot of work ... I just install LXDE and I'm going to uninstall XFCE4.. perhaps it can solve something

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
No.. It does not solve the problem.. the nice DE is gone.. now I have an old-fashioned LXDE :(

Offline Johan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
I think it's because you replaced Nemo with Thunar. When I first started with Peppermint I deleted Nemo on Pepp 8 and replaced it with the newest version of Nemo and when I did a reboot I couldn't start Peppermint and had to reinstall it.
Once Peppermint, always Peppermint.

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
That have sense friend... I did it yesterday.. I deleted Nemo and installed Thunar ... Nemo cant handle well the amount of files (fotos, videos) that I use to work with.. Thunar is faster.. this is sad, I dont want to reinstall it  :( this is pretty stressing

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
This is what it looks like..

Img = https://ibb.co/xJd1vkk

A weird mix of LXDE, XFCE and with Openbox as Windows Manager ... PCmanFM is now the default instead of thunar ... I dont installed PCmanFM ..

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
Well, I'm reinstalling Peppermint ... this is a really bad situation .. if someone read this... DO NOT REMOVE NEMO ... just install what you want alongside.. that's all. Thanks.

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
Hi ryos,

Sorry, but I did not notice that you had removed nemo ... a serious mistake (by you and by me). Indeed, as Johan has stated, install another file manager (if you do not like nemo) but do NOT remove nemo. I personally do not use nemo, but it is still on my computer. I use SpaceFM and everything works just perfectly.  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
Hi Slim.Fatz

The good thing about this is that I learnt not to touch what peppermint have as default programs, some of them have libraries shared. I still can delete the ICE shortcuts LOL  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Im finnishing updating the system.. Ill install some additional programs and thats all (VLC, Thunar, Gthumb, Wine + Q4Wine, Gparted, Deadbeef, Virtualbox, LibreOffice..) without removing anything.

Is there any Peppermint IRC channel ? If there is any I'll install Hexchat too  ;D

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
Hi ryos,

I don't believe that there is a PeppermintOS IRC channel (anymore). It was attempted some years ago but fizzled. It was decided not to continue it because of several factors, such as the small size of Team Peppermint and because any issue that gets solved there (on IRC) is pretty much lost for others who might have the same issue later (unlike here on the forum where we have actually a huge database of solved issues -- one just needs to use the Search function to find the solutions).  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim

Offline ryos

• Newly Subscribed
  • Hola amigos (:
    • View Profile
Slim.Fatz  :)

You are right at that point, Im literally a Noob here, I have just 3 months using distros, Ive been in a lot of IRC channels so I get used to them, and its true, many problems that get solve vanish for new users and even for those that arent connected when the solution was given.. this seams to be more stable  ;) well If there is no IRC channel, Iĺl try to help here.

:D