Author Topic: Can't get Pcloud to "install" on Peppermint 10 Respin 32 Bit  (Read 157 times)

Offline Matthew

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 & 10 Respin
Can't get Pcloud to "install" on Peppermint 10 Respin 32 Bit
« on: March 18, 2020, 02:35:14 pm »
I've got a fresh install of Peppermint 10 respin on and older Acer Netbook.  I've run Pcloud on the machine in the past but can't seem to get it installed on this fresh install.  (I know it isn't really "installed" but don't know what else to call it.) 

I've followed the instructions here https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,6810.msg68894.html#msg68894 but nothing happens but an error message at the end.  Making it executable and double clicking the icon is not responsive either.  If I hadn't paid for storage space on Pcloud I wouldn't even bother because it's so often a problem.

I'm not even sure if I'm downloading the 32 bit app or 64 bit or if it even makes a difference.  I've been looking for quite a while and can't find anyplace where 32 bit is specified as the download.  The last command run returns this error message which makes me wonder if it is a 64 bit download.
Code: [Select]
~/.pcloud/binary-executable/pcloud
bash: /home/matthew/.pcloud/binary-executable/pcloud: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

As always any help would be appreciated.

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • soft boiled with a yolk of gold
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7, 8, 9
Re: Can't get Pcloud to "install" on Peppermint 10 Respin 32 Bit
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 05:56:44 pm »

I'm not even sure if I'm downloading the 32 bit app or 64 bit or if it even makes a difference.

It does make a difference. You can choose the 32-bit app from this page:

https://www.pcloud.com/download-free-online-cloud-file-storage.html

where it says "choose your version".

Offline Matthew

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 & 10 Respin
Re: Can't get Pcloud to "install" on Peppermint 10 Respin 32 Bit [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:19:37 pm »
This has been interesting.  I was using Firefox to try and download what I needed.  As I was looking at the site, only 64 bit was visible.  Hovering over and clicking on "Choose your version" only offered the 64 bit.  I had a thought after you posted your response and installed Chromium and went to the site with that browser.  It was amazing but the 32 bit option was offered and it did work!