Author Topic: Suggestion on window splitting keyboard short similar to how windows does it..  (Read 624 times)

Offline TonyF8321

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Basically, I use Peppermint 10 and I cannot use the super key + arrow keys to split up the windows. It would be amazing if we could get a keyboard shortcut similar to how the windows keyboard shortcut works, windows+arrow key to split windows up appropriately. Maybe down the line with updates this could get implemented, that is all this needs to be one of the best distros imo. The main reason I bring this up is because I use an old computer with Peppermint 10 and the screen is not the biggest and I have to use multiple windows and having to resize them does take a bit of time, that time adds up to a lot throughout the days.

Offline stevesveryown

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
Hi Tony, Welcome to Peppermint.

This may not be what you are looking for but it seems to be quick and easy.  You can easily resize open windows by using alt+f7 and dragging the window to a corner, which will make it a quarter size.  Drag it to the right or left sides and you'll get a half window.  Tap the window or hit enter to lock in place.

Offline DenW

• Linux User - Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 upgrade 64bit
There is a post by PCNetSpec earlier which gives an alternative method : https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,9025.msg91801.html (corrected link!)
This works well for me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:04:33 pm by DenW »

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 Respin
There is a post by PCNetSpec earlier which gives an alternative method : https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,9025.msg91801.html (corrected link!)
This works well for me.

Thanks for searching the forums for that excellent response from
@PCNetSpec @DenW! for it never hurts to remind folks to search the forums first. Many many issues have already been resolved a time or two... Users may search either from the Search button at top of the screen or by typing
Code: [Select]
!p (insert search term) into the Menu Run/Search bar to search for all similar issues in the forums...   

8)

Also whenever you feel we've successfully answered your support query @TonyF8321, we kindly ask that you edit your OP's (original post) subject line to append (SOLVED) at the end so that future forum users with similar issues may know we've found a solution. This also helps our very small team not spend extra time reading thru support queries which have been previously solved.

;)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:42:38 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 Respin currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
& '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline stevesveryown

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
This works well for me.

Thanks for sharing that!