Author Topic: A note on Sunday's server downtime  (Read 999 times)

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: A note on Sunday's server downtime
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 08:26:53 am »
Thanks all,
Yeah, I would love to put up a maintenance notice but what's the point when the server goes down and no one is there to read it.

VinDSL, that few minutes where it was down was a result of some sort of Apache mismatch for the certificate during those few minutes. I reran the process and by the time you returned it was fixed. I'll be honest I screamed in joy. My wife must have thought I was watching Super Tuesday results. But alas no. Just Peppermint Tuesday  :D
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PMVII, PMVIII, PMIX, PMX Respins
Re: A note on Sunday's server downtime [solved]
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 10:42:35 am »

Thank you so much for your diligence and patience upon the task @josephd! I'll even loan you the color purple I usually reserve for @PCNetSpec, for I'm sure he's smiling out there somewhere, now that you've helped #teampeppermint leap the first test hurdle he laid for us.

perhaps now we should make a few posts on our social media outlets?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:45:31 am by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 8,9 & 10 Respins currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
PMX Respin on '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: A note on Sunday's server downtime
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 03:21:41 pm »
Marcus has the social credentials I believe, Possibly Zeb. If you want to take on social media in any form I don't think you'll get any objections.

Just a quick note, I'm going to look into upgrading us to PHP 7.4.3 this evening so if you notice any downtime around 7PM-11PM Pacific that's me.
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."