Choose style:

Author Topic: (SOLVED) Some isues with pulseaudio, bluetooth and now internet  (Read 113 times)

Offline Magniragdag

• Newly Subscribed
  • Just a hoopy frood working in a brewery
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
(SOLVED) Some isues with pulseaudio, bluetooth and now internet
« on: February 29, 2020, 06:14:49 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was happily installing some new software on my brand new peppermint 10 install on my macbook air (2011)  when my bluetooth speaker stopped working and when I looked into it, pulseaudio had stopped working and I couldn' t get it started again, the bluetooth manager had a line about blueman something something and while I was trying to figure out what to do, I couldn' t get online with firefox (the only browser I installed).
I kept rebooting but I wasn' t connecting to the internet. Wifi was working. It was a software issue. I had made an snapshot an hour before but going back to that didn' t solve anything.

I rebooted with the installssd I used. And all the hardware is working, so... I'm stumped. I'm going to save some files and then reinstall.
What I want to ask, is there anyway to prevent this? Is there a means to make the whole bluetooth/audiosetup more robust? 
I' m hoping that this was just my fault because I was installing software while running other stuff and watching video' s  but I should be able to respawn pulseaudio and it wasn' t happening.

Wish me luck,

M.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:54:42 pm by Magniragdag »
Whoosh!

Online spence

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Some isues with pulseaudio, bluetooth and now internet
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 01:45:02 pm »
Welcome to the peppermintOS forums @Magniragdag. Our apologies for the delay as we're attempting to overcome some server difficulties. Meanwhile, we'll need more information first:  the terminal output from inxi -Fz. If you are unsure how to do this follow this link.

https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,4546.msg45554.html#msg45554

also please read thru this pinned post about what we need to triage non-working wireless:

https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,6713.msg68110.html#msg68110

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:09:32 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 Respin currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 02:03:44 pm »
Hi Magniragdag,

It is our strong preference that users start a separate topic for each individual problem (rather than listing three problems in this one topic as you have done). The reasoning is quite simple: when each topic concerns only one problem and it becomes resolved, then the person with the (now solved) problem can go back and add (SOLVED) to the subject of the original message, thereby indicating to anyone (either those also having this problem or those of us who try to help solve problems) that this issue has been solved and needs no further attention.

With three issues in one topic this is no longer so simple. We here at Team Peppermint are a small group, all working voluntarily to help solve user's problems. Please do us this small favor and avoid starting threads that contain multiple issues.  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim

"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Online spence

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 02:08:15 pm »
I will 2nd the separate topics request. Which do you want to address in this thread first @Magniragdag?

;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:11:25 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 Respin currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline Magniragdag

• Newly Subscribed
  • Just a hoopy frood working in a brewery
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
(SOLVED) Re: Some isues with pulseaudio, bluetooth and now internet
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 04:40:04 pm »
Thanks for your replies. I have marked this solved and I will try to stick by the comunityguidlines in the future.
The wifi but no internet problem was caused by advert blocker. First of all. Reinstalling peppermint solved all my problems offcourse ;)
But the no internet problem returned tonight and the clue that advert blocker ads to /etc/hosts file made me look it up and replace the current hosts file with  the one marked original. And presto... After a reboot, I was connecting again to the internets
The hosts file added on by advert blocker had grown to 2,6 Mb.
I' ll stop using advert blocker for now, though I like the systemwide aproach of it.
The other two problems haven't recurred yet. But I' m still convinced they' re linked. But that is just my very long frustration from using linux mint and the bluetooth/audio latency problem it has still not solved.
So thanks for all your hard werk at peppermint.

bye
Whoosh!