Author Topic: MenuLibre editing assistance needed (SOLVED)  (Read 313 times)

Offline TheAkantor

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 Respin
MenuLibre editing assistance needed (SOLVED)
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:15:56 am »
Hello im new to this forum and its my first post.

Before i begin with my doubts i just want say what a wonderfull job was done with Peppermint OS, i have been distro hoping to find a home for my hold dual core 2.2GHz 4GB ram laptop, this week i installed Pepermint OS 10 Respin after watching Switched to Linux videos where he talks how low resources it uses.
My fans are quiet, silent as if i was on one of those beautiful locations from the wallpapers that come with this distro, silently enjoying the view.

With nothing opened it doesn't even reach 400mb of ram usage, browsing watching youtube videos, i haven't yet passed 1gb of ram usage, let me take my hat cause it deserves and my laptop found a home.

Now what brings me here as to do with the ice application and MenuLibre.

i want to add a new menu entry on MenuLibre called "My Places" were i put my personal ice links, i don't know what to do after i enter in edit applications, need some assistance with that.
thanks in advance and sorry for my english since my native language is portuguese.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:28:55 am by TheAkantor »

Offline jlschwartz

• Trusted User
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64bit
Re: MenuLibre editing assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:56:28 am »
TheAkantor,

Check out this link on the forums which may help you.
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,9019.msg91723.html#msg91723

Offline TheAkantor

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 Respin
Re: MenuLibre editing assistance needed
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 09:43:00 am »
Thanks for reply, i think i have to edit the ice files in order for the option to my menu appear in the ice application as a option on where to save.

Update: i found a work around without editing any files, just need to go edit the menu libre  when i want to add them to my new entry in the menu, either way its easy to do it.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:27:35 am by TheAkantor »