Author Topic: Flying with your Laptop (SOLVED)  (Read 296 times)

Offline windrose

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 10
Flying with your Laptop (SOLVED)
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:44:22 am »
I find it necessary to make a trip next week involving air travel and had been reading over what and what not may be brought onto an aircraft.
I have had discussions recently on other part of the forum regarding Power management so the topic of batteries had come up as well as makes and models and how batteries are accessed.
Apparently if your equipment has Lithium batteries and your intention was to place it in your checked baggage, it is mandated that the batteries be removed and carried with you into the cabin.
Now l can only speak to the Lenovo Laptops l have but l am certain others have internal batteries that to access need a fair bit of work and specific tools.
The purpose of this is to mention that should you be a frequent flyer and want to place your computers in checked baggage the battery access may be a consideration next time you make a purchase.
Saying all that l know most of us would have our computers as carry on but.....just sayin.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:52:12 pm by windrose »

Online VinDSL

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Team Peppermint
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: Flying with your Laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:38:00 am »
Saying all that l know most of us would have our computers as carry on but.....just sayin.

Right.

I always lug my 'Road Warrior' around with me - plus two (2) LI slice batteries in tow.

I love to haxor my way into the flight deck systems, and look around. Plus, I've discovered I can get 'free movies' by navigating directly to the 'Privacy' page in the entertainment system UA and clicking "I Agree". It tosses a cookie, and I'm good for the rest of the flight.

In case you're wondering, the Sat comms (and so forth) are locked down, tight as a drum, so no risk(s) there.

Just saying...   ;)