Author Topic: redundent files listed on every update  (Read 283 times)

Offline tumsuden

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6
redundent files listed on every update
« on: January 28, 2020, 11:18:13 am »
Here's what I get.

Code: [Select]
[code]W: Target Packages (universe/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (universe/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:48 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (multiverse/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons (multiverse/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:50 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target DEP-11-icons (restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
[/code]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:19:03 pm by AndyInMokum »

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: redundent files listed on every update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 01:44:04 am »
Hi tumsuden,

As reported in the output that you posted, there are multiple occurrences of target lines within the configuration file that is used for updating the software on your system. To correct this, you need to open this file in a text editor using your administrative password, go through the output that you posted and remove the indicated duplicates. For example, your output shows that line number 48 is repeated at line number 52. So you would need to delete line number 52.

To do this, open a terminal window and enter this command:

Code: [Select]
sudo xed /etc/apt/sources.list
Enter your password when requested, make the changes in the file, save the result, close the editor and the issue should be cleared up.

Regards,

-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome