Author Topic: xfce4 root desktop switch windows  (Read 338 times)

Offline whatfor

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
xfce4 root desktop switch windows
« on: January 22, 2020, 04:27:42 pm »
I cannot get this xfce4 to switch desktops by using the mouse wheel on the root window like every other xfce4 dt I've used on every other distro I've used. how do I fix that?

Offline kendall

• Administrator
  • Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: xfce4 root desktop switch windows
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 06:15:34 pm »
Hello and welcome.

I'm not sure about your query at the immediate moment. If I have time later this evening I'll try to take a look. Anyway, Peppermint doesn't really use Xfce4, rather a couple of components from it, another couple of components from LXDE, and the file/desktop manager from Cinnamon. It's possible that the root of the issue is that the Peppermint desktop simply isn't pure Xfce4 and won't behave as such. It's also possible that it's just a panel setting somewhere. Hopefully someone else can chime in as I don't know that I'll have time to investigate this evening.
Peppermint is powered by VPS.NET Cloud Servers.

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:35:22 pm »
Hi whatfor

Welcome to the forum
Try this

Right click on the panel > from the drop down menu click Panel .> Panel Preferences > Under the Items tab > Highlight  Workspace Switcher > from the buttons on the right hand side click the second from bottom button (edit currently selected item)

Under the behaviour section make sure the box Switch workspaces using mousewheel is ticked as per screenshot

Good luck

Graeme
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 09:40:24 pm by emegra »
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:15:16 pm »
Hi whatfor,

Check out my tutorial about how to do this and see if that solves your issue.  ;) 
Although originally written for Peppermint Six, I am quite certain that it still works for all PeppermintOS versions since then. I guess I must update this tutorial in the next day or two ...  ::)

Regards,

-- Slim
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:17:56 pm by Slim.Fatz »
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome