Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint OS review  (Read 640 times)

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Peppermint OS review
« on: January 19, 2020, 01:05:18 pm »
Hello to everyone.

We have published a video on Peppermint OS. The video was written and edited before Mr Greaves's death and we were about to not to publish it, but finally have decided to make it public.

Here's the link and we expect you all to tell us your opinion. This is our VERY FIRST YoutTube video.

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
Re: Peppermint OS review
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:37:14 pm »
Glad you made it public, Mark would have loved it especially the part where you say it's not perfect, in his own way he would have appreciated that

Thank you :)

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 02:46:21 pm »
Thanks for your swift response. It is very encouraging.

That is exactly what we have hoped for the reaction will be. And we believe the same that Mr Greaves would have liked it.

We are planning further Pepp OS videos, because Peppermint OS is our favourite operating system, after we have tried many of them for last 15 years.

Thanks a lot.

BosTechMo team.

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:53:31 pm »
It's my favourite too :)

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline Johan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 03:03:10 pm »
Nice video enjoyed it. My first experience with a Linux distro was Peppermint 8. Liked it so much that I never tried another. It has gotten better with each release and I am currently using Peppermint 10 Respin.
Once Peppermint, always Peppermint.

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 03:51:28 pm »
Nice video enjoyed it. My first experience with a Linux distro was Peppermint 8. Liked it so much that I never tried another. It has gotten better with each release and I am currently using Peppermint 10 Respin.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is really really encouraging.

BosTechMo team.

Online alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:40:03 pm »
Very nice, the only comment I would make is in order to show the effects of the different themes and icons it would have been nice to have a window of nemo open. I always do that when I'm checking out the different themes and icons.
What was I thinking?

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 03:39:38 am »
Very nice, the only comment I would make is in order to show the effects of the different themes and icons it would have been nice to have a window of nemo open. I always do that when I'm checking out the different themes and icons.

Thank you so much for your comment.

Very useful suggestion. We will follow your advice in the future videos.

Thanks a lot!

BosTechMo team

Offline gpfromnc

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 and 9
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 03:36:47 pm »
Nice review.  You've done a good job of highlighting my two favorite things about Peppermint - that is so very customizable and this easily done, and that it is not preloaded with a lot of applications chosen by someone else.  It allows you to create the working environment that you want in the way that you want it.  The only criticism I have of your review is really one of personal preference - not really a fan of the background music you chose as I think it is somewhat distracting.  Overall, though, good review.

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 04:55:31 pm »
Nice review.  You've done a good job of highlighting my two favorite things about Peppermint - that is so very customizable and this easily done, and that it is not preloaded with a lot of applications chosen by someone else.  It allows you to create the working environment that you want in the way that you want it.  The only criticism I have of your review is really one of personal preference - not really a fan of the background music you chose as I think it is somewhat distracting.  Overall, though, good review.

Thank you so very much! We are very grateful for your feedback. We are very happy that you have raised the background music issue. That was exactly our dilemma: what to do about it? Because, without music, in certain parts of the video, there is no sound at all, so we thought the video sounded strange. We believed the level of the music was low enough so that the narration can be clearly heard. Obviously it is not the case?

Thank you so much!

BosTechMo team.

Offline gpfromnc

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 and 9
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 07:53:08 pm »
I agree with you that music to cover dead air is good and the music you chose didn't keep your commentary from being understood.  But I found myself trying to hear the words to the music behind your commentary and just thought that if your music was a bit more "plain vanilla" your review would be better.  But after all, this is just my opinion.

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 02:38:06 am »
I agree with you that music to cover dead air is good and the music you chose didn't keep your commentary from being understood.  But I found myself trying to hear the words to the music behind your commentary and just thought that if your music was a bit more "plain vanilla" your review would be better.  But after all, this is just my opinion.

Good point. Thank you so very much! It is really a good idea to use the music in the background, but maybe we might have used only instrumental parts of the song, and not the voice itself.

Thanks again for your kind words and feedback!

BosTechMo team

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 01:51:13 pm »
Hey guys!

We have just published another video.

We would like you to see it and tell us if we are spot on.

Thanks a lot!

BosTechMo team

Offline stevesveryown

• Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8, 9 & 10!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 12:45:09 pm »
Very nicely done!

Offline mirsonni

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 02:16:01 pm »
Very nicely done!

Thank you so much for your kind words Mr Steve! Your support means us a lot, really.

We have already known you, because we have been following your work for quite some time. We think we have one thing in common and that is our favourite operating system - Pepp OS.

Best regards.

BosTechMo team