Author Topic: How long must we endure the snow storm?  (Read 899 times)

Offline windrose

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 10
How long must we endure the snow storm?
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:34:47 am »
I believe this to be the right forum...and l am by no means a Skrooge..but the constant snow fall upon my screen is getting a bit old...how or who has the ability to make the sun shine once again  ::) ::)

Offline clatterfordslim

• Trusted User
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
Re: How long must we endure the snow storm?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:43:16 am »
Our one and only PCNetSpec is on holiday at the moment and a well deserved one at that, so once he's back he will turn off the snow. I like it myself brings a relaxing chill to my spine.  :D
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline windrose

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 09:14:26 am »
Well l do agree the man needs a (well deserved) vacation but l find that these old bespectacled eyes find it difficult at times wondering if it is just me or the screen is moving....l am sure l can endure the wait. :'(

Offline The Omen

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 respin
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 01:54:21 pm »
Hi people,

I have got to say that I enjoy seeing it, but what would really be nice is if it could be changed up every once in a while.

Maybe something like multi colored leaves falling during the Fall, Rainstorms, Sun moving in the upper area from East to West, Phases of the Moon and/or stars movement in the night sky.

Probably might be complicated to do since I do not know whats involved in these effects, but the snowfall sure does give the website a lot of character.

Thanks for the snowfall Mr. Greaves.

EDIT, I Just found out today, Mr Greaves was on anything but a Holiday, I will miss him very much

Warm Regards and condolences to all his family, friends, associates, and forum members,

The Omen
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:14:13 pm by The Omen »

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PMVII, PMVIII, PMIX, PMX Respins
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 12:09:26 pm »
I believe this to be the right forum...and l am by no means a Skrooge..but the constant snow fall upon my screen is getting a bit old...how or who has the ability to make the sun shine once again  ::) ::)

Given the sad news that our beloved & dear @PCNetSpec has passed away, the snow will be with us for a while. I find it highly appropriate and even comforting as I imagine everyone in here are all shedding some precipitation at the moment @windrose.

:'(

spence
PeppermintOS 8,9 & 10 Respins currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
PMX Respin on '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline kendall

• Administrator
  • Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 12:51:38 pm »
The winter/holiday stuff has been removed.
Peppermint is powered by VPS.NET Cloud Servers.

Offline windrose

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 04:55:09 pm »
And l am missing it as much as l am Mr Greves :( :( :(  The pages just look so empty now.

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 05:14:29 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to miss him jumping into these threads.
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."

Offline spence

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PMVII, PMVIII, PMIX, PMX Respins
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 05:24:46 pm »
And l am missing it as much as l am Mr Greves :( :( :(  The pages just look so empty now.

Same... I am missing the snowstorm.. I just love that he thought to give it to us...

:'(  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:24:19 am by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 8,9 & 10 Respins currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
PMX Respin on '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline clatterfordslim

• Trusted User
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »

I know Windrose, Mark would want us all to keep going now, with Peppermint and to look back at the great work and the legacy of all those wonderful times, Peppermint OSES he built and to all the people he helped, met here on this wonderful forum. I feel lost at the moment, as keep seeing posts from different people having problems on their machines and keep thinking, now what would Mark do? How did he memorise so much? He used to be here till the early hours answering people's queries or questions. I miss just chatting on this Forum with him and adding my wacky look on life it self. He was such a brilliant down to Earth gentlemen, who we and well the whole world over had respect for. He saw nothing but good in people and loved working and solving people's niggles. Because to my mind it was more about the hardware that people are installing Peppermint on and also the amount of human error on the users side, which a lot of the problems people have with Linux. Mark was always here and will always be here on this forum, from wherever his office is. He's probably having a good laugh and saying no why don't you do it this way?

Unfortunately I  and a lot of people never got to meet Mark in real life, but just chatting with him here on this Forum you got to know him, no matter what? There is one post here of Mark and I having fun with the Dizzy Egg men, then everyone got on board with them. It was not all about seriousness it was having fun too, so I and many others saw his funny side too. On this Forum is Mark's daily life, the Operating system Peppermint is all Mark's and everything we use from the Peppermint Control Center, Peppermint Settings Panel, the theming  all written by Mark and added by Mark. The love the dedication, determination is at our fingertips as we use Peppermint everyday. I'm just so glad that I was part of this respin, though I'll admit unfortunately I'm the one who added the Pinball game, that was my small contribution.

Although Mark did ask Why is it that things get added right at the last minute? Hope you don't mind this being so long, it helps to talk, or in this case type. Us humans are a strange species as we live in a time and as a bloke you're not supposed to express any feelings, that goes back to two world wars The British thing to do drink tea and keep a stiff upper lip. I'm allergic to tea cannot drink it, raises my blood pressure and makes me giddy. I want to talk about Mark and the great fantastic computer life he's given everyone who uses Peppermint. His love is what we are using on our Laptops, Desktops, Tablet PC's. All the Apps he wrote for Peppermint. I will never ever go to anything else. Everything just works here in Peppermint, Linuxy wise of course, no matter what I install it on Peppermint never falters. I'm at work at the moment typing this on the respin through my Lenovo Yoga though I want to call it Yogurt as Yogurt is more friendly than Yoga. Yoga says pain to my mind, Yogurt can be any flavour, Lenovo Peppermint Yogurt 500. There that's the name of this Laptop.   

Offline windrose

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 06:39:33 pm »
Pour it all out my friend (if l may be so bald as to call you  that) it definitely helps you as well as others to recall your conversations and times. I enjoyed reading it.
BTW l am just a brute for punishment as l have 3 Yoga Lenovos but none of which are new.

Offline rayzer

• Trusted User
  • Graphics n Stuff
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 Respin
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 01:01:51 pm »
all you can do is plough on and continue to help others when possible
For wallpapers ive made you can download them here

Offline stevesveryown

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 02:02:01 pm »

I know Windrose, Mark would want us all to keep going now, with Peppermint and to look back at the great work and the legacy of all those wonderful times, Peppermint OSES he built and to all the people he helped, met here on this wonderful forum. I feel lost at the moment, as keep seeing posts from different people having problems on their machines and keep thinking, now what would Mark do? How did he memorise so much? He used to be here till the early hours answering people's queries or questions. I miss just chatting on this Forum with him and adding my wacky look on life it self. He was such a brilliant down to Earth gentlemen, who we and well the whole world over had respect for. He saw nothing but good in people and loved working and solving people's niggles. Because to my mind it was more about the hardware that people are installing Peppermint on and also the amount of human error on the users side, which a lot of the problems people have with Linux. Mark was always here and will always be here on this forum, from wherever his office is. He's probably having a good laugh and saying no why don't you do it this way?

Unfortunately I  and a lot of people never got to meet Mark in real life, but just chatting with him here on this Forum you got to know him, no matter what? There is one post here of Mark and I having fun with the Dizzy Egg men, then everyone got on board with them. It was not all about seriousness it was having fun too, so I and many others saw his funny side too. On this Forum is Mark's daily life, the Operating system Peppermint is all Mark's and everything we use from the Peppermint Control Center, Peppermint Settings Panel, the theming  all written by Mark and added by Mark. The love the dedication, determination is at our fingertips as we use Peppermint everyday. I'm just so glad that I was part of this respin, though I'll admit unfortunately I'm the one who added the Pinball game, that was my small contribution.

Although Mark did ask Why is it that things get added right at the last minute? Hope you don't mind this being so long, it helps to talk, or in this case type. Us humans are a strange species as we live in a time and as a bloke you're not supposed to express any feelings, that goes back to two world wars The British thing to do drink tea and keep a stiff upper lip. I'm allergic to tea cannot drink it, raises my blood pressure and makes me giddy. I want to talk about Mark and the great fantastic computer life he's given everyone who uses Peppermint. His love is what we are using on our Laptops, Desktops, Tablet PC's. All the Apps he wrote for Peppermint. I will never ever go to anything else. Everything just works here in Peppermint, Linuxy wise of course, no matter what I install it on Peppermint never falters. I'm at work at the moment typing this on the respin through my Lenovo Yoga though I want to call it Yogurt as Yogurt is more friendly than Yoga. Yoga says pain to my mind, Yogurt can be any flavour, Lenovo Peppermint Yogurt 500. There that's the name of this Laptop.

Well put, Slim!

Offline clatterfordslim

• Trusted User
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 07:03:25 pm »
Pour it all out my friend (if l may be so bald as to call you  that) it definitely helps you as well as others to recall your conversations and times. I enjoyed reading it.
BTW l am just a brute for punishment as l have 3 Yoga Lenovos but none of which are new.

Of course you can call me friend, we're all friends here in fact we are Peppermint's Family. I upgraded my Lenovo Yoga with a 500GB SSD and 8GB of ram, she flies like the wind now.

Offline clatterfordslim

• Trusted User
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »

Well put, Slim!

Thank you Steve.