Choose style:

Author Topic: Nice to Have Item in Peppermint 11  (Read 527 times)

Offline gpfromnc

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 and 9
Nice to Have Item in Peppermint 11
« on: January 07, 2020, 04:54:09 pm »
Peppermint is the best Linux distro without doubt!  And the only thing on my wish list to make it better is to be able to Show/Hide Desktop icons.  This functionality worked through a script made by PCNetSpec for releases through Peppermint 8 but something breaks it in 9 and 10 - see  Show/Hide Desktop Icons in Peppermint 9 on: June 26, 2018, 09:52:13 am .  I just tried it in 10 Respin but no success.  So if this could be filed away as a development item it would be great!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:42:21 pm by gpfromnc »

Offline rayzer

• Onnnn the Pep 10..
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 Respin
Re: Nice to Have Item in Peppermint 11 - NEW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:54:37 am »
if you want to disable desktop icons heres how you do it:

right click desktop > customize.
in the new window > desktop settings.
up top under desktop layout you can disable them there
For wallpapers ive made you can download them here https://flickr.com/photos/92410488@N03/

Offline gpfromnc

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 and 9
Re: Nice to Have Item in Peppermint 11 - NEW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:28:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply rayzer but I don't want to diasble icons, I just want to temporarily hide the items on the desktop, leaving only the desktop background.  Show/Hide desktop icons was a feature in Peppermint 6 - possibly earlier, I'm not sure.  With the release of 7 the feature wasn't included but PCNetSpec created a script that worked  in 7 and 8.  But with 9 and 10 the script no longer worked.  When I entered the script and executed it, items on the desktop disappear very briefly and then return.  So, I would like to have this very cool feature again.  My guess is that there is something which gives the items on the desktop persistence, and that the script should override that but for some reason, it doesn't.