Choose style:

Author Topic: Ice: some SSBs will not load and cannot be removed [SOLVED]  (Read 233 times)

Offline phc

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Ice: some SSBs will not load and cannot be removed [SOLVED]
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:51:32 pm »
I recently added several SSBs, and this is what happens when I try to open some of them:

I deleted some of these SSBs, and just made replacements and that worked. However, some of them I was unable to remove. I click on "Remove" in Ice, and they remain in the menu. The ones I can't remove are Gmail and Outlook ones, both with Firefox and Chromium. When I installed this system, I did remove the Gmail and Microsoft SSBs, so maybe that caused the problem.

I poked around in ~/.local/share/ice but didn't see anything that I could change. Is there anything else I could do to fix this?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:05:56 pm by phc »

Offline phc

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Re: Ice: some SSBs will not load and cannot be removed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 04:38:02 pm »
Looks like I have solved the problem. I just edited the Whisker menu and deleted the SSBs that couldn't be removed within ICE itself.

Those SSBs were finally gone from the "Remove" section in ICE, and there didn't appear to be any remnants of the old SSBs when I looked in the .local/share/ice folder. And I was able to create new, working SSBs, so should be good to go.

Offline zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 / P9 Respin
Re: Ice: some SSBs will not load and cannot be removed
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:49:45 am »
Thank you for posting the answer that you worked out.

Please remember To mark a topic solved, please edit the FIRST posting in the topic and append (SOLVED) to the end of the "Subject" line, then save.

Be sure to add it to the FIRST posting in the topic, not the last.  This will help other find a solution if they have a similar problem.

Thanks in advance :)
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

P10r x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k