Choose style:

Author Topic: Can't Call This My Favorite Top Ten List -- But We're On It!  (Read 5153 times)

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
    • i AM esper (drone ambient music)
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64 bit
Re: Can't Call This My Favorite Top Ten List -- But We're On It!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:14:15 pm »
Yup, I've heard of it :)

[EDIT]

If you haven't heard of Peppermint, you're a Windows/OS X user (or fall into the "I thought Ubuntu was the only Linux" brigade)

or possibly North Korean :-X

or really into Linux, but blind, deaf, and dead.

:P
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com
boring drone music from NJ

Offline Peeepc

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): version 5
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 06:38:18 pm »
Peppermint is an excellent distribution.  Peppermint gets an A+ from me, and I've never met anyone who has tried it who hasn't liked it.

Agree.  I've tried Peppermint off and on over the years and this one is definitely a keeper.  Smooth, fast on trailing edge hardware, and easy to use.

I put it on my netbook to start, and then decided to put it on a spare hard drive on my Lenovo Ideapad. I'm not even going to bother dual booting with Peppermint and Windows.

Peppermint gets it.

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
peppermint was easy to transition from both mac and windows and made it easy for me to get used to linux.
I tried ubuntu before peppermint and honestly hated the whole 'unity' set up and found it confusing and hard
to navigate. Peppermint out of the box was kind of like using windows XP and made more sense to use at first
than once i figured out how to customize i was able to set it up exactly how i wanted a UI set up to be. Now
i have the ultimate OS which is easy to use, looks how i want and comes with very handy tools especially ICE
which honestly i use daily to quick launch many various sites and apps i use with ease. No reason for me to change
distros again at any point could not be happier. I used to think mac was 'the best' now after my experience with
peppermint i see how sheltered windows and mac users really are from bigger and better options.

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 08:28:19 pm »
To be honest, the Ice application was an epiphany for me.  It is so useful to have SSBs integrated into the menu system.  No fuss and no mess.  They are so simple and just there when needed.  It really is what sets Peppermint in a league of its own.  Other distros are struggling as dying desktop environments.  Peppermint has embraced Cloud technology.  This is where things are done these days.  Little old Peppermint has taken the Linux distro to a new progressive level that many of it critics are too blind to see.
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 04:17:03 pm »
i agree. I use ice daily to open, netflix, hulu, gnome-look.org, deviant art, noobslab, peppermint forum, pixlr,
games, etc etc its such an easy to use quick launch and it really does save time and keeps things working smooth
such a simple application but makes a world of a difference and sets peppermint apart from other light weight
distros like lubuntu which are missing this really key feature.