Author Topic: how to delete a message  (Read 353 times)

Offline mick

• Recovering Apple Addict
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
how to delete a message
« on: November 25, 2019, 10:57:19 am »
hI, and thanks in advance for the help.
is it possible to delete a message off the message board?
for example, posted a question a few minutes ago, then figured out the answer myself.  so i came back on here to delete the message and save someone else the time of replying, but i can only figure out how to modify the message, not delete it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:20:54 am by mick »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: how to delete a message
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:38:09 am »
No .. we had people deleting messages where other people had invested considerable time responding, you should also consider this forum is not here just for the original poster(s), it's a permanent searchable repository of discovered solutions that may help others with a similar issue in the future.

If you found a solution to your issue, it would have been a much more community minded idea if you could have added that solution to your original post so it may have helped others (rather than requesting the topic be deleted, or editing the issue out entirely as you did here).

If on  the other hand you simply make a mistake .. just ask any of the moderators (or myself) to delete the topic.

Or if you just want to abandon a topic (saving people time looking for solutions to a topic you've given up on) .. just append (ABANDONED) to the end of the subject line in the FIRST post in your topic ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:58:06 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec