Choose style:

Author Topic: Trying to install PM10 on Lenovo 14W (SOLVED)  (Read 140 times)

Offline borjthegork

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
Trying to install PM10 on Lenovo 14W (SOLVED)
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:55:46 am »
For some reason it keeps failing, due something to the tune of unable to write/read the installation directory. Which is kinda strange, because I manage to install pop-os or ubuntu mate without hassle, which means that installed directory is fine. I think I manage to use the "try without installing" part, browsing the internet, etc, but yeah failed installation. Any suggestions?

edit: it said unknown controller at the beginning, then after copying everything, installing apt/retrieving file it suddenly shows installer crashed.

edit: there's another thread that have the same symptoms with mine, it seems that the drive I'm installing it to is faulty.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 05:20:13 pm by borjthegork »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Trying to install PM10 on Lenovo 14W
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 01:44:26 pm »
Maybe try completely formatting the drive and creating a new partition table first.

If you can boot to the LiveUSB, what's the output from:
Code: [Select]
sudo fdisk -l
and
blkid
and
inxi -Fz
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline rayzer

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 01:14:24 am »
had weird issues like that on buntu based distros before, zero writing was the only way i fixed it before reinstall. above solution is probably an easier solution

Offline borjthegork

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:08:47 pm »
Thanks for the help! The emmc on the laptop was a dud (it was unable to be restored using its own recovery image, and the usb stick that I used, managed to install peppermint 10 correctly on my xps 9560).

By the way I was looking around if there is a way to tile windows around left/right on PM10, but really had no lead. All i can find is this thread: https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php?topic=5705.0#top but i cant really replicate that (perhaps because it was intended to work on pm7?). Thanks!

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: Trying to install PM10 on Lenovo 14W (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 05:18:17 am »
Hi borjthegork,

Could you please edit your last post here and delete the final paragraph? The reason is three-fold: first, the last paragraph has nothing to do with the installation of Peppermint 10 on your computer (it is more of a configuration issue, and we have a policy of doing our best to restrict each thread to just one issue); second, this thread is marked as SOLVED (so you should not expect much in the way of a helpful response); third, you have posted this exact issue in another thread on this forum (and that could lead to multiple replies and wasted time by those trying to help you).  ;)

Thanks in advance.  8)

Regards,

-- Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome