Choose style:

Author Topic: Anything Anydesk (SOLVED)  (Read 497 times)

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
Anything Anydesk (SOLVED)
« on: October 28, 2019, 05:18:22 am »
Hi Guys

For a long time I've had an issue with Anydesk 2.9.6 connecting from my office PC to my home PC in as much as it would take an age to connect to the Anydesk server sometimes as long as 15 minutes so I tried updating to the latest version 5.4.0 but that wouldn't connect at all no matter how long I waited, this problem wasn't just connecting to the remote service I couldn't get into their webpage either ie if I go to www.anydesk.com I get a page saying Secure Connection failed.

last week I tried to figure out the problem and I changed the DNS settings in Network Manager to OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 and it fixed the problem instantly my remote connections were connecting straight away and I was able to access their webpage, however now the problem's returned, I've tried rebooting the router (several times), removed the OpenDNS settings I've also tried Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but nothing's working this time

Any ideas would be appreciated

Graeme
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:10:57 am by emegra »
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline rjm65

• Veteran
  • I have Peppermint Fresh Breath. :P
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Win-98 /Win-7/ Peppermint 9
Re: Anything Anydesk
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:16 am »
i use anydesk every day for the last year or so, and i never had an issue with anydesk, it loads in about 5 seconds every time, so your problem is not with anydesk, but somewhere else...    I use the automatic DNS that comes from my ISP, maybe you should try that instead....   Also I would make sure i had the best ISP in my area, cause when you have the best, things just work....
Robert
Peppermint 9 User

Gateway Solo 9300 Pro
IBM T40

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 08:17:51 am »
@rjm65

I agree I don't think there's anything wrong with Anydesk itself, the problem seems to be my router/internet connection just doesn't like anything about Anydesk for some strange reason whether I try to connect to a remote session or just get into their website, it all works perfectly on my home PC.

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 09:10:04 am »
Hi guys

I think I've found a solution by changing the DNS settings in the router from 79.79.79.79 & 79.79.79.80 (TalkTalk) to 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS)

It's now connecting instantly to the network & I'm able to access their webpage without a problem.

I can't be sure at this point if it's fixed permanently but I'm quietly confident it is so I'll mark it SOLVED meantime

Graeme

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Anything Anydesk (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:59:45 pm »
Great detective work emegerlock .. nicely fixed :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec