Choose style:

Author Topic: PM-X and Intel UHD 605 [solved]  (Read 944 times)

Offline The Omen

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 respin
Re: PM-X and Medion 4254 - Intel UHD 605 [solved]
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 01:44:49 pm »
Hi Mr. Greaves, i was actually thinking of that "debian" version that Linux Mint puts out that they maintain as a "just in case" scenario if they ever jump ship from Canonical which i believe that version of mint is pure debian.

Just another thing though is that the OP LordKaan, needs a "cure" for his problem with the first three to five lines at the top of his screen that "glitches/flickers" on him that i just cannot figure out.

You will see what he and i discussed together on this in the previous posts which i kinda figured you already read.

He was able to either stop the screen tearing, or the top of the screen "flickering", but could not fix both together with the code given or the slight variation I substituted in the second code set.

It turned out to be either one or the other but not both.

I hope that you can help him with this since I am still pretty "green" and have run out of ideas for what seems to be a graphics problem.

Many thanks for your attention here and hands on approach to things for us newbies.

Warm Regards,

The Omen
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:49:56 pm by The Omen »

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6 and 10
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:40 am »
Hi Kaan, you said,
Is this way/step also working under other linux-distris too (Lubunt* (18.04), and Min* (Unofficial LXDE 19.2)

Be VERY aware that this is for INTEL CPUs ONLY, It should work on Lubuntu, If that system is also INTEL CPU, I know it works under any Ubuntu/Debian system,  (but I have never done so on LXDE as I believe that it is pure DEBIAN based), and have never used LXDE.

Regards,

The Omen

I take care; cause i use them only;
Meanwhile i can tell - yep, they are working fine:
I tested them always teh same way : Y-tube video; when it is tearing, than, teh terminal stuff, and testing again with the you-tube clip

A friend of my is asking:
Is there somethin same for NON-INtel??
Code: [Select]
Graphics:  Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon R4/R5 Graphics]
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Jet XT [Radeon R5 M240]
           Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6 )
           drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1366x768@59.99hz
           OpenGL: renderer: AMD MULLINS (DRM 2.50.0, 4.15.0-65-generic, LLVM 8.0.0)
           version: 4.5 Mesa 19.0.8

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 12:20:08 am »
Hi Kaan, you said,
Is this way/step also working under other linux-distris too (Lubunt* (18.04), and Min* (Unofficial LXDE 19.2)

Be VERY aware that this is for INTEL CPUs ONLY, It should work on Lubuntu, If that system is also INTEL CPU, I know it works under any Ubuntu/Debian system,  (but I have never done so on LXDE as I believe that it is pure DEBIAN based), and have never used LXDE.

Regards,

The Omen

LXDE is a desktop environment (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment) not a distro. As a DE It can be run on any distro .. in fact you're kinda using (parts of) LXDE in Peppermint (the LXDE session manager lxsession, and lxappearance).

Maybe you're thinking of LXLE Linux (which is a distro, that also used the LXDE desktop) ?

Basicly -if it helps-
I mean Ubuntu -> Lubuntu
and
Linux Mint -> unofficial LXDE (kind of xfce)

Both are, as i get, "Lightwight" Linux Distris, means as less as poss. Stuff on board;
so that u can use on old hardware

OT: I used before Peppermint 6 (mostly), but i have to install it on uefi-boards... can't agree with the uefi-grub
so i switched; personaly i prefer Mint XFCE till i got the LXDE
(1 row in the StarterMenu etc. - means basicly the same working-feeling i had under PM6
All software (2-3 Programms) i need, i do later on installing

The one distri is running stable, with the other... i have "privat" problems; p.e. that i have on my own machin  allways to login by hand; even after switching off the request; i have to do a "return"

So, this lead me back to peppermint; and after recommandation, i gave X a change, even after i could change the look and feel  (Thx to PCNetSpec)

Since than, i updated und test it on the most machines, we have here in the office

Cause i duno know, if it is allowed to name other distris by name, i change the name mostly with a "*"

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 12:31:01 am »

Just another thing though is that the OP LordKaan, needs a "cure" for his problem with the first three to five lines at the top of his screen that "glitches/flickers" on him that i just cannot figure out.

----
The tearing it self went away, after using this terminal-stuff;
for the moment - so it seems, - also the glitches/flickering is away; thats why i change into "solved"...
but i am stiill testing/waiting...

OT:
This glitches/flickers i have only with this UHD 605;
not with the UHD 620, UHD 610, or the HD-Series
The factories: Acer/Asus/Medion/Lenovo use different Cards with the N5000

Means for me: I duno bought Laptops with the UHD 605; caue they work under Winows/Lubuntu fine,
but not under Mint/Peppermint

----
The "tearing" problem - i had under Linux with mostly all GraphicCards (after testing, since i knew this thread)
sometimes it disdurb a lot, sometimes not that much

So, also this thread helped me, to solve this problem
And Omen/clatterfordslim helped me there, where i asked in other Linux-Forums for nothing (No answer/no solution)
as u (PCNetSpec) do it , with my other problems

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
Re: PM-X and Intel UHD 605 [solved]
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 10:35:18 pm »

A friend of my is asking:
Is there somethin same for NON-INtel??
Graphics:  Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon R4/R5 Graphics]
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Jet XT [Radeon R5 M240]
           Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6 )
           drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1366x768@59.99hz
           OpenGL: renderer: AMD MULLINS (DRM 2.50.0, 4.15.0-65-generic, LLVM 8.0.0)
           version: 4.5 Mesa 19.0.8

Hi LordKaan, yes there is, try this;

sudo mkdir -p /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
sudo xed /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf
Add to the blank file
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Radeon"
    Driver "radeon"
    Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection

save the file and reboot. This has always worked for me on my AMD systems. If it doesn't work, there was a different input to the file but I would have to look for it since this always worked.
What was I thinking?

Offline LordKaan

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Re: PM-X and Intel UHD 605 [solved]
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 11:17:33 pm »
Thx u very much; i will submit it/giving feedback