Choose style:

Author Topic: Bluetooth Dongle Not Working  (Read 331 times)

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
Re: Bluetooth Dongle Not Working
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 10:30:59 am »
Maybe try the 5.0 kernels, you should be able to install them via the Update Manager. Do not uninstall the 4.15 ones though just in case it does not work, though saying that it should with the 5.0 series of Kernels as they have more drivers incorporated.  ;)

Open Update Manager left click the shield in your Panel/Taskbar, then click view and third line down should be Linux kernels, left click it and a horizontal list should come up, the ones that are ticked are the ones you have installed, do not touch them. Go for the 5.0 Kernel I think the latest is the one ending in 27 I maybe wrong though. Do not uninstall any other Kernel you have installed.  ;D

As you're using Peppermint OS 9 I take it the 5.0 Kernels are available? I upgraded to 10 via Peppermint OS 9 Respin and can't actually remember, whether or not the 5.0 Kernels are there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 10:48:31 am by clatterfordslim »
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 12:44:23 pm »
Might be worth a shot .. do you wanna try the 5.0 series kernel ?
(can be installed in PM9 via the HWE)

Though I'm not 100% convinced this is a kernel issue, dmesg suggests the device **IS** being detected :-\

Might be good to first try booting a PM10 LiveUSB and seeing if the bluetooth dongle works in that. PM10 already has the 5.0 series kernel so may give you a clue whether it's worth adding the HWE to PM9.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:47:26 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Pablito1224

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 06:15:07 pm »
I was thinking about upgrading to PM10. I think I will download it and see if the dongle works with it. Plus. that way I can see how much I like it compared to 9. So far, 9 has been fantastic! I was really grateful  and thrilled to find it when I needed something lighter and faster than regular Mint w/MATE. As for the series 5 kernel, I'm tempted to try it out of sheer stubbornness, but a couple of days ago I started using a regular wireless mouse on this computer, that is working fine, and using the aforementioned  bluetooth mouse on my Android TV because a recent YouTube app update forced the need of a better pointing device there.

I'll download and try PM10 and post my results. Perhaps when I run the LiveUSB it will detect the dongle plugged in as the bt device and load the appropriate drivers with the appropriate settings. If that is the case, then maybe we can figure out this issue on 9 based upon differences in packages or something.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 10:44:22 pm »
Certainly worth a shot :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec