Choose style:

Author Topic: STUDY: Patience Thresholds Lower Than Ever Before  (Read 202 times)

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
STUDY: Patience Thresholds Lower Than Ever Before
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:46:10 am »
Tech to blame...

LONDON ó Patience is a virtue, but itís becoming an exceedingly rare quality in modern society. According to a new survey of 2,000 British adults, all of the luxuries of modern life have made most people incredibly impatient ó across pretty much every aspect of their lives. Three quarters of those surveyed said they believe the dominance of digital technology, such as smartphones and on-demand TVs, are to blame for this ever growing lack of patience.

Respondents reported becoming frustrated after just 16 seconds of waiting for a web page to load, and after 25 seconds of waiting for a traffic light to change.

SOURCE: https://is.gd/q1pWEX
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:49:00 am by VinDSL, Reason: Clarification »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: STUDY: Patience Thresholds Lower Than Ever Before
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »
Why did it take you so frickin long to post this ? >:(
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:52:22 pm »
Bwahahahahahaha :))

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 01:23:05 pm »
That's only a handful of people, I was bought no let me rephrase that? Brought up to wait and that patience is a virtue, please and thank you goes along way, as it's free and nothing should really stress us out as humans. I've been stuck in traffic and on the inside wanted to strangle every living thing in front of me, but never showed it. I'm a very down to Earth person, who loves watching other people nearly get run over, by accidentally on purpose bumping into them, just at the most crucial moment, to make sure they're still alive. Causing them to actually look up and take note to what is going on around them and not be stuck in a virtual bubble, called Facial Bricks.

I've witnessed first hand what these mobile multimedia devices do to people, especially people who chuck their partners over a Text message. Blatantly saying or typed in a text:
Code: [Select]
"I don't love you any more I'm saying goodbye, Bye."
Just because they never had the common decency to say it to their faces, so because the world and their wives rely solely on their mobile multimedia devices and no doubt a lot of couples are sat at home on their tablets, though in the same room and can barely say a word to each other? All because they need to find out what Roberty Roberts done today on his skateboard.
Code: [Select]
(That was a example by the way and I am no way associated if there is really a guy called Roberty Roberts who rides a stunt skateboard)
I blame the whole social media platform for it all. But then there are people out there who think just like I do that the whole world has gone nuts and that there is no way back into the jar.  ;D
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 02:26:52 pm »
And in the news today, the upcoming 'Roberty Roberts Skateboard Stunt Arena 3' Xbox game will require its motion capture ending edited due to the franchise owner and main character accidentally falling off a kerb and under a bus. Police say there were no witnesses even though he was surrounded by hundreds of fans on their phones at the time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:34:49 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 02:41:41 pm »
Yeah it was me trying to see if he was still alive, as he was skating along looking at his mobile multimedia device, just making sure he was not like everyone else a mobile zombie.  :D

Offline 151tom

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 02:47:37 pm »
Wow according to the article in this link  (https://www.studyfinds.org/hurry-up-modern-patience-thresholds-lower-than-ever-before-survey-finds/) everything upsets today's generation which doesn't surprise me at all.

Today's generation doesn't seem to be able to cope well with a lot of things that people out of my generation just dealt with and handled as it came up. (I'm 67 years old)

Peppermint 9 Respin-2 (64 Bit) & Peppermint 10 (64 Bit)

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 03:07:17 pm »
Wow according to the article in this link  (https://www.studyfinds.org/hurry-up-modern-patience-thresholds-lower-than-ever-before-survey-finds/) everything upsets today's generation which doesn't surprise me at all.

Today's generation doesn't seem to be able to cope well with a lot of things that people out of my generation just dealt with and handled as it came up. (I'm 67 years old)

Well even in my short 47 years on this mortal coil, We were told as children to quit ya beefin'? Or I'll give you something to beef about. We were told to put up or shut up. I was a very ill child my Father was a toilet seat, many a day would sit round his round blue lap and the conversations we had from me throwing up, to the unrecognisable in speech, but the cool sounds of Niagara Falls he played on his tape player, always after I threw up.  :)) But seriously you'll be surprised how many people out there have not even got basic life skills, from washing their clothes to boiling an egg, they have no clue or have not had a good start, or just don't want to know and live in ignorance.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:11:42 pm by clatterfordslim »

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 03:24:52 pm »
I'm not political in any way, so I live in ignorance? No I just don't want to get involved in a political debate, about repeating the same old thing time and again. We all deal with polotics which shirt to wear that one is, politics also to the decisions of even what side of the bed we wanna get out on this morning? When it comes to governments and political talks with other countries and all the other rubbish like promises, agreements and all the other hype, then why can't they just stick with what they originally came up with? Answer because there is always someone else who disagrees, on decisions that do make sense. It's happened all through time. Do humans learn from their mistakes? No we keep harping on about looking at history so we don't make the same mistakes again, but Man chooses to do the opposite.  ::)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 03:37:25 pm »
For sure, how can you expect to figure out how to boil your leave-eyes jeans if you don't first know how to wash EU're eggs .. kinda obvious really innit ???

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 07:00:47 pm »
For sure, how can you expect to figure out how to boil your leave-eyes jeans if you don't first know how to wash EU're eggs .. kinda obvious really innit ???

Indeed PCNetSpec, then you think about all the traditional jobs Man used to do? Thatching for instance, how many youngans are there in the Thatching business? Answer not many if not any, so probably none? How many houses in Britain still rely on having their roofs thatching replaced? I dunno but surely more than some? Is it passed down to the next generation? It used to be, but probably ain't now? Love answering a question with a probable question? That is probable, but who can say for sure? I can for sure, but in this case typing it and I can do that too it and this is getting stupid? Yes  ;D

Offline 151tom

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 09:14:45 am »
[snip]
think about all the traditional jobs Man used to do?
Progress changes some traditional jobs that people used to do but should create new jobs but may not always be the case.  :-\
Peppermint 9 Respin-2 (64 Bit) & Peppermint 10 (64 Bit)