Choose style:

Author Topic: HDMI audio problems on Dell E6630  (Read 229 times)

Offline plumtreed

• Been using Peppermint since it's start-up
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 64bit
HDMI audio problems on Dell E6630
« on: August 18, 2019, 07:07:13 am »
I'm using a Dell E6630, Peppermint10, on an SSD with plain onboard audio.....when I want to use HDMI I have to change the audio mixer selection.......and when I unplug the HDMI connector I have to go back to the audio mixer to get audio back on the notebook.

I also have Win10 on the second drive, a HDD and the audio selection is automatic when I plug in to HDMI and back again.

I'm I missing something.........is there a way of making this an automatic process in Peppermint? It's not a big hassle to make the changes but maybe all I need is to change the kernel?

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • soft boiled with a yolk of gold
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7, 8, 9
Re: HDMI audio problems on Dell E6630
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:09:06 am »
You could have a go at writing a udev rule for the hotplugging, or you could just do it manually each time. I think those are the options.

Offline clatterfordslim

• Trusted User
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
Re: HDMI audio problems on Dell E6630
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:34:16 am »
Always as far back as I can remember, it was only in 14.04 that the change came to pass about HDMI audio through your monitor, it worked automatically in 12.04 can vouch for that when I used Linux Mint on an external hard drive and plugged it into a computer with HDMI and never had to alter the sound settings. I don't know why that changed? Maybe something got left out of Pulse audio in next based system, I have no idea? By the way I may be wrong about this, but I do know that HDMI sound did change in one of the versions above.  ;D
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)