Choose style:

Author Topic: So now I'm hooked. And utterly spoiled. And truly grateful.  (Read 576 times)

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
Re: So now I'm hooked. And utterly spoiled. And truly grateful.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 10:15:35 am »
Welcome eruditorum, Peppermint was my initial jump from Windows, I keep about 7 other linux distros installed on separate partitions just for comparison. Most of them don't even get logged into for weeks at a time. Peppermint is just too cool and the help here is the best. Enjoy.  :)
What was I thinking?

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 11:01:51 am »
Welcome eruditorum to the Forum

Glad you are enjoying Peppermint and long may it continue

Regards Zeb...

Thanks Zeb!

You brought me here through Destination Linux - thank you very much for your work there.

I have a story to tell about the latter as well, but that's for an email to the show, perhaps. :)

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 11:08:06 am »
Welcome eruditorum,

It took me literally two years of hopping from distro to distro, trying to find that certain thing, that no Linux Hopper has a clue on what that thing is.
I then got introduced to Peppermint seven and used it for a while on my laptop, then continued hopping on my desktop, trying to find a gaming Distro that works with everything I chuck at it. Peppermint eight came along and blew the socks off me, then Peppermint nine and finally ten. The certain thing I was looking for was heart and soul and whatever PCNetSpec does, with Peppermint he always, always surprises me on how he makes every release of Peppermint so fast. Not only that but the touches he adds to make our lives, the users lives so much easier. Like losing your mouse push alt+C together and a red ring comes up of where your mouse is on screen. The customizing right to the Kernel itself, you don't have to use just one icon set, you can pick and choose whatever you want by editing what icon you want to use for that certain app.

Peppermint settings panel where to change the layout and other tweaks all the way to the system it self and what I love about Peppermint, is the fact it's down to you the user, whatever you want to install it's never bloated, never tires, never gripes, just works and I totally agree with you, it's got heart and soul put into it. This forum the amount of time and dedication PCNetSpec puts in, answering peoples queries is second to none. No matter how trivial the question you will always get a answer and always with a 10/10 resolve. PCNetSpec deserves a accolade or something for his sheer hard work and dedication, to such a wonderful OS and Forum. This has to be the best forum on the planet, as everyone comes together and tries to help others.

Every time I boot up Peppermint I know I'm in for a good day, it does everything I chuck at it, within reason of course.  ;D

Thank you clatterfordslim!

I definitely see where you're coming from. I only discovered Alt+C by accident, and, given the tiny nature of the screen on my netbook, it's already been super useful. Every single aspect of the distro is tuned perfectly. It's really amazing.

I've also been snooping around the forums a bit, and must agree with you. The community's awesome and PCNetSpec's really really knowledgeable. I'm starting to feel right at home here. :) Now if I could only find something to help with - everyone's so quick and has great answers. :D

My gaming desktop will be the next to get the treatment. Pop OS is nice and all, but I imagine that machine will just scream with Peppermint running the show.  8)

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 11:12:19 am »
Welcome eruditorum, Peppermint was my initial jump from Windows, I keep about 7 other linux distros installed on separate partitions just for comparison. Most of them don't even get logged into for weeks at a time. Peppermint is just too cool and the help here is the best. Enjoy.  :)

Thank you alynur!

My initial jump was a long long time ago, but linux was eclipsed by mac os tiger back in the day. Now I run pop os on my gaming machine (soon to be replaced with peppermint), manjaro on an ancient macbook from 2007 (soon to be replaced with peppermint), and zorin on an xps (Soon to be... you know the rest).

clatterfordslim put it perfectly - I was looking for something but I didn't know what it was. Now I do, and I think I'll stay for a while. :)

Offline stevesveryown

• Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8, 9 & 10!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:24:02 pm »
Welcome, eruditorium, to the addiction of Peppermint. This is one addiction that one can live with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 01:54:16 pm »
Welcome, eruditorium, to the addiction of Peppermint. This is one addiction that one can live with.

Thank you stevesveryown!

This particular addiction lends itself well to my sweet tooth without any of the resulting heaviness. :D I wish more things in life were like that.  ;D

Offline stevesveryown

• Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8, 9 & 10!!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 04:06:25 pm »

Thank you stevesveryown!

This particular addiction lends itself well to my sweet tooth without any of the resulting heaviness. :D I wish more things in life were like that.  ;D

Amen to that!

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 07:07:43 pm »
This particular addiction lends itself well to my sweet tooth without any of the resulting heaviness. :D

Hence, the name...  :))

Peppermint is used for the common cold, cough, inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, and respiratory infections. It is also used for digestive problems including heartburn, nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts, upset stomach, diarrhea, bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, and gas.

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 05:00:24 am »
This particular addiction lends itself well to my sweet tooth without any of the resulting heaviness. :D

Hence, the name...  :))

Peppermint is used for the common cold, cough, inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, and respiratory infections. It is also used for digestive problems including heartburn, nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts, upset stomach, diarrhea, bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, and gas.

Very very fitting.  :D

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 06:47:09 am »
I guess by this point you've figured out that 'say something nice about Peppermint around here and you'll spend the next week answering responses' :))

We've been lucky enough to attract the best community in the world .. small(ish) but ultra friendly/helpful :)

Good to have you taking part in that community, gives us someone new to beat up get to know :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:51:46 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 10:07:56 am »
I guess by this point you've figured out that 'say something nice about Peppermint around here and you'll spend the next week answering responses' :))

We've been lucky enough to attract the best community in the world .. small(ish) but ultra friendly/helpful :)

Good to have you taking part in that community, gives us someone new to beat up get to know :)

:D :D :D :D

The community really is remarkable. Very very cool. Thank you everybody! :D

I'm glad I found you all, and I'm always happy to help if I can. I look forward to many a pleasant evening here, beatings or otherwise. ;)

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 11:06:12 am »
Hi eruditorum,

Yes, we are all so cool that we s**t ice cubes.  ::)

Regards,

--Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 12:07:43 pm »
Slim, there are times I seriously worry about you .. maybe you need more whiskey with your rocks (or maybe just slow down).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:09:59 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »
Hi eruditorum,

Yes, we are all so cool that we s**t ice cubes.  ::)

Regards,

--Slim

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline eruditorum

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 12:09:21 pm »
Slim, there are times I seriously worry about you .. maybe you need more whiskey with your rocks (or maybe just slow down).

:D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:11:26 pm by eruditorum »