Choose style:

Author Topic: 4.14 on Peppermint 9  (Read 149 times)

Offline amerigena

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
4.14 on Peppermint 9
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:46:33 pm »
Just upgraded my Peppermint 9 install to 4.14 using the Xubuntu-dev staging PPA. The results were very satisfactory. No problems so far.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: 4.14 on Peppermint 9
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »
Hi amerigena and welcome to the forum :)

Out of interest, have you noticed any benefit from 4.14 in Peppermint ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline amerigena

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:52:11 am »
I believe that the Backup and Restore option on the xfce4-panel was not present before the upgrade, but to be honest, I didn't look until afterwards. I'm going to install Peppermint 10 on a Latitude D830 this afternoon and will do some before / after comparison and contrast in panel settings, if you're interested.
Because Peppermint doesn't use xfwm4, xfce4-settings or Xfce's session manager, the differences don't seem substantial. But I can't say that I've noticed any detriment by upgrading either.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:54:00 am by amerigena »

Offline amerigena

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 11:41:51 am »
I stand corrected. Xfwm4 is in fact the default display mgr on Peppermint 9. Lxsession is the session mgr.
Again, the component upgrades (that I verified by doing an apt-cache policy) don't seem to have made much immediately visible difference. P9 runs as smoothly as it ever has.
I have a specfiic Paragon for APFS driver loaded on this machine that I don't really feel like rebuilding, so I'm not going to upgrade to 10 unless necessary. But I will run the staging-PPA Xfce upgrade on a Dell Latitude laptop this afternoon.
Thanks.