Choose style:

Author Topic: Blank screen peppermint 10 on lockscreen how to?  (Read 248 times)

Offline peppermintnewbie

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): peppermint 9
Blank screen peppermint 10 on lockscreen how to?
« on: June 26, 2019, 01:31:01 am »
I want the screen to be blank or turned off when I lock the screen. I do not want to suspend my computer since I used it as a server. How do I do this? It worked fine in peppermint os 9 though.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: Blank screen peppermint 10 on lockscreen how to?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:00:00 pm »
The only thing that changed between PM9 and PM10 as far as the lockscreen goes is we switched to light-locker.

But you can easily switch back to i3lock by just uninstalling light-locker and light-locker-settings
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get remove light-locker light-locker-settings
Peppermint 10 should then automatically fall back to PM9's i3lock.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline drkmttr

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Ten
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 01:00:24 pm »
I had a similar issue with Light Locker. In the Xfce Power Manager I have the screen set to shut off after 10 minutes. This does occur initially but what appears to happen is that after the screen shuts off, the session is locked but this activates the screen to turn on. After the screen comes back on, it does not switch off again.

The fix for me was to change the "Automatically lock the session" option in the Security tab to "When the screensaver is deactivated." By doing this the screen shuts off (screensaver activated)  but is not interrupted by Light Locker. Once I move the mouse, Light Locker is activated and the screen comes back on but is locked as expected.

Offline St.Raphael

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »
        Hiya drkmttr thanks for that post. i was having the same problem . That worked great for me . St. Raphael  :)