Choose style:

Author Topic: wifi only working at home  (Read 1472 times)

Offline bubadubadoo

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): peppermint 8
wifi only working at home
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »
So I just installed five over my four installation without formatting before because I didn't feel like copying all my data to a flash drive and back (im not sure whether or not that was a bad thing) and ever since then, my Wi-Fi only connects to my network at home. Sometimes my laptop doesn't even see any networks until I use the hardware switch to turn the adapter off and on again. I have no idea what the problem could be. I think my laptop is MSI cx61, but the sticker just peeled off...

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: wifi only working at home
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »
Seriously, I'd format and reinstall (after backing up your user files, etc) .. there are just too many differences between 4 and 5.
(including a load of hidden config stuff in your home folder that will likely conflict)

I take it you've tried deleting ALL network profiles in NetworkManager and recreating them ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline bubadubadoo

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): peppermint 8
Re: wifi only working at home
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »
I haven't tried that, no. I was kind of hoping to find a way to fix it without formatting, but if it's too much of a hassle I'll do it. How do I delete the profiles?