Choose style:

Author Topic: Mobile Phone not detected in Peppermint 10  (Read 229 times)

Offline demag

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9 and 10
Mobile Phone not detected in Peppermint 10
« on: June 18, 2019, 06:03:47 pm »
This isn't quite so straightforward as it sounds >:(

Besides destroying computers :P I also collect watches and I buy used and faulty/damaged mobile phones to try and repair. Yes I know sad, but it keeps the old grey matter working.

I have installed the Android Sdk from Synaptic which usually allows me to run ADB and Fastboot commands and flash recovery files and roms etc.

In my possession at the moment I have a OnePlus 3t that had a smashed lcd/touchscreen which I have replaced. It is also semi bricked although I can boot into recovery and fastboot modes but I can't enable developer options. I now want to flash TWRP Recovery and maybe Lineageos rom, but I may just keep it stock Android.

When I connect the phone to my pc it is not recognised and it doesn't show in lsusb. However if I run dmesg it is listed as a HUAWEI phone which is odd but it does show the correct model number.

Why would it show up in dmesg but not lsusb? Also running sudo adb devices or sudo fastboot devices produces no results. In Windows these phones are very picky about what drivers they will react to and there are many posts on Xda Developers forum about them. Incidentally on Win 10 I can't connect to it either.

I'm fairly confident it's a driver issue as I can connect to other phones and have also unbricked phones successfully, so the fact it's not booting shouldn't really be an issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I was wondering if there's anything else in Synaptic I can use.

Thanks.

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
Re: Mobile Phone not detected in Peppermint 10
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:50 am »
Hello Demag,
I'm just wondering, if the Android software you have installed could be stopping Peppermint from reading it correctly. Any way of stopping the or uninstalling the Android program and rebooting, just to eliminate possibilities? ;D Although why would it just be this phone?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:14:10 am by clatterfordslim »
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)