Choose style:

Author Topic: android phone connected to acer netbook via USB tether running peppermint 9  (Read 263 times)

Offline vladi

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
I have an older netbook ACER Aspire One zg5 running Peppermint 9 with dead WiFi card, so I use an android phone (Motorola one) to tether via USB to ACER netbook, everything works with no issues (almost). The problem is to install my printer (canon pixma mg4250) connected via WiFi, the drivers are installed (for printer and for scanner), scanner driver is scangearmp BUT when I run scangearmp command the program can not find any printer/scanner in the network, I refreshed few times update scanner list but no success the canon pixma is not visible. My main laptop (OS Xubuntu 16.04.6 detect the printer/scanner without issues). Maybe some configuration on android phone USB tethering and/or netbook missing ? Thanks in advace, vladi. Netbook display this tether connection as WIRED, phone gets wifi from router and printer is connected to the same network, phone ]mobile data is disabled so phone is connected only via wifi.

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Do you know your routers (LAN) IP address ? .. if so, what is it ?

and what's the output from
Code: [Select]
hostname -I
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline vladi

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
router address : 192.168.0.1
hostname -I : 192.168.42.39