Choose style:

Author Topic: Return to the sources  (Read 153 times)

Offline Undiscovery

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint OS 8
Return to the sources
« on: May 11, 2019, 09:00:26 am »
Hello, to start I do not speak at all English I thus makes use of a translator, sorry for the faults

I will go right to the goal, by a concour of circumstance I cannot reach the BIOS with my current computer, the principal keyboard does not function any more and the USB keyboard is not recognized with launching what prevented me from launching the BIOS.

My objective was to restore my version peppermint 8 has its country of origin, that is to say any package superflux and all those which I have to install manually or other are removed.

Not having a second computer at hand I have other choices to only do everything manually.

“Why? ” Will tell me!

I have inopportunely to install and to deform the basic system, the manager of file and the appearance of peppermint 8, I do not have even any more access to the button of disconnection nor has old finely basic peppermint 8, my wish is thus to position back all that.

I have to a little seek my side not to say much!
I have to find any way of reinstalling peppermint 8 without passing by the BIOS to change the order of launching USB/CD.

I am has the search for all the packages, PPA relating to peppermint 8, a list of the basic processes which make it possible to make it function as has its beginnings.

I have to try to pass by synaptic and of sorting what I had to install manually but I know that in the past I have many recovery removed and to download packages which allow the good performance, they are thus in the list and I am afraid not to have access more has my computer.

Here what occurs in the broad outlines, if somebody would have a list of package and PPA installed basic to the very first launching of a session peppermint that would be super.

Thank you to have read me, spend a good day!

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: Return to the sources
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 10:18:56 am »
Peppermint 8

or

Peppermint 8 Respin

?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9 (64bit), P 9 R
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 10:27:03 am »
Hello Undiscovery, Your problem sounds more like a failed motherboard. The operating system should not affect your computer's ability to recognize the keyboard. Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery and resetting bios?
What was I thinking?

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 02:53:18 pm »
I don't think the OP is blaming the OS alynur .. just looking for a way to reinstall Peppermint when he doesn't have keyboard input until the system is fully booted.

So he can't change the boot order to boot a LiveUSB.

I'm thinking it would be possible to boot the LiveUSB from the GRUB menu by dropping to a grub> prompt.

https://blog.viktorpetersson.com/2014/07/29/how-to-boot-from-usb-with-grub2.html
or
https://askubuntu.com/questions/947409/is-there-a-way-to-boot-from-usb-through-grub-menu
or
http://tuxdiary.com/2014/11/18/boot-ubuntu-live-usb-grub2-prompt/

But if all the OP wants is the package list for Peppermint 8, I can provide that if he says which version.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:01:18 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Undiscovery

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint OS 8
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 03:16:43 am »
Distributor ID:   Peppermint
Description:   Peppermint 8 Eight
Release:   8
Codename:   xenial

Hello and thank you for your answers.

I did not have there to think has the failing motherboard for the blow, I doubt that it is the case however, the keyboard of replacement functions very well and launches grub without concern while with another DD with Windows 8 to install the keyboard above does not function before having to return the ID out of virtual keyboard, small problems of configuration.
For the pad of my portable PC, it functions that with Windows and I am obliged to connect a mouse for peppermint.

I have to think has pile CMOS, I have to seek it out of wine it is incredibly hard to find it on a portable PC.

To make LiveUSB from the grub frightens me a little, I have to seek and I was to fall on this solution, not bad of subject with warning statement as what it is never necessary to do that and others which say that if.
I all the same will test boot via Grub, thank you for your advices!

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 9 - 64bit
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:11:15 am »
Hi Undiscovery,

I find it very difficult to understand the translations that your tranlator is producing. Maybe try one message in your native language and let us try to translate it. If that does not work, then continue using your translator.  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9 (64bit), P 9 R
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 08:53:41 pm »
Okay, I think I understand a little better, it sounds like your bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not being recognized until your operating system is booted up and even then you have problems. Is that more like what you are talking about?
What was I thinking?