Choose style:

Author Topic: Laptop. HDMI worked fine until reboot - Now only sees laptop screen [Solved]  (Read 301 times)

Offline contheosius

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9.02
Hi
I think Peppermint must be the best OS ever. I was so chuffed when I discovered it. Installed it on my 'multimedia' Toshiba notebook that has an HDMI output to my TV. It worked brilliant the first night, disabled the notebook screen etc. But on restart it now does not see the HDMI port at all. Tried several options. Switched off, and on again. But under settings, hardware the HDMI port now does not show up at all. It only gives me the choice notebook screen.  :-\

I'm going to fiddle further as I really, really like Peppermint. The notebook has dual boot, so I know the hdmi port is working with the dreaded windows.  Any help or ideas will highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:28:32 am by zebedeeboss »

Offline contheosius

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9.02
Woopie! A quick ALT+F2 on the notebook keyboard did the trick to switch to HDMI.

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Hi contheosius,

Great that you figured out the solution by yourself!  8)

It would also be great if you now go back to your first post in this thread and hit the Modify button and then change the Subject: line of the post so that something like (SOLVED) is at the beginning or end of the subject line. Then save the result (of course).  ;) ;D

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-- Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Great news :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec