Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint Mobile  (Read 1361 times)

Offline robertsala

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Peppermint Mobile
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:13:27 pm »
Does Peppermint OS team have any future plans to have a mobile version like Ubuntu? Since Android is made up from Linux OS, it makes total sense for Peppermint to have a faster more stable platform to compete against others. Just think about it. You have Apple, Blackberry, Kitkat and Peppermint! Peppermint is a candy and its fresh! If you need angel investors, let me know.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 Respin (64-bit)
Re: Peppermint Mobile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:29:27 pm »
Hello robertsala,

I would think we'd be able to put Peppermint on a Chromebook soon --or at least boot it from a flash drive on a Chromebook.

I heard, a month or so ago, that Chromebook's development version was allowing the booting from a flash drive.  This means that sooner or later we'll be able to do the same with Chromebook's stable version too. (Unless Google pulls the plug on this idea --which IMO would be a bad move.)

We have a Chromebook in the house, but it's mine no longer.  So even if I would no longer reality test this idea (knowing to leave well enough alone), I still believe the day is coming when we'll be able to run Peppermint from flash drive on a Chromebook, and probably even install it there too. 

Also, right now, we have Peppermint on a 15" laptop here.  That could be called mobile, I guess.

But if you're talking about a Peppermint phone, or something like that; I believe that would be a tough one to pull off.  Besides, if I remember correctly, Peppermint has committed itself to be available as a free distribution to the public forever.  Well, one wouldn't be able to give away Peppermint phones, so I doubt we'll ever see such a thing.

Still, Peppermint Mobile does have a ring to it.  And it's a fun idea too!  :)

perknh
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters...
-- AndyInMokum