Choose style:

Author Topic: How to Decide Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for PM  (Read 234 times)

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
How to Decide Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for PM
« on: April 16, 2019, 12:52:19 am »
Hi,

I'm looking for compact Wireless keyboard and mouse for PM8. If I go for online stores in India there is very few vendor mentioned it is compatible with Linux. There is any way to find which product and model compatible with Linux.What should I consider to buy wireless keyboard and mouse for Linux.

How could we select different layout and model in PM OS.

I had short listed one Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard. How can I find out it is compatible with PM.

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-K400-Wireless-Keyboard-Black/dp/B014EUQOGK?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duc11-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B014EUQOGK

Please advice.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: How to Decide Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for PM
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:21:54 am »
Personally, I would check the user comments, filtered with the word "Ubuntu".

I only saw a few comments on the dot .in web page. However, on the dot .com web page, there are 2-pages of mostly positive comments:

LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-K400-Wireless-Keyboard-Black/product-reviews/B014EUQOGK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_kywd?showViewpoints=1&pageNumber=1&filterByKeyword=ubuntu

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:45 am »
I had short listed one Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard. How can I find out it is compatible with PM.

You can take its compatibility as gospel .. I have a K400 Plus connected to my Peppermint KODI box, and it works perfectly :)

You may also want to read this generic post concerning USB wireless mice and keyboards
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,8083.msg82764.html#msg82764
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 05:53:43 pm »
I've found Logitech is often good to use for Linux.

I have a K400r that works great. I usually use it for my Steam Machine, which is running Peppermint 7. I'm presently using another Linux distribution and using it (to make sure it works) to type this message. It's almost the same thing as that K400 Plus you linked to. I filtered the results in the Amazon reviews for the K400 Plus to "Ubuntu" and there are a lot of people who are using it for Ubuntu.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:57:07 pm by scifidude79 »

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Re: How to Decide Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for PM-Solved
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:27:36 am »
Thanks you everybody for your kind input and suggestion. :P

Offline rayzer

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:34:19 pm »
i have a hp x4000 wireless mouse which has worked flawless with every windows and linux os ive tried. mines a bit battered by now but ill probably pick up a generic one next time. get something with standard plug n play drivers. i also have a logitech keyboard but the media keys dont work on some distros but im not too fussed as i rarely every use them.