Choose style:

Author Topic: Chomium based browsers to Prevent Disabling of Click Tracking??  (Read 925 times)

Online spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Chomium based browsers to Prevent Disabling of Click Tracking??
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 02:54:50 pm »
It's not like there's anywhere else to go. Nevermind that the vast majority of the www userbase barely knows what a browser is, much less how to change from one to another!?!
( tech support: "What Browser are you using?" |User "ummm Windows... ... ...")
 :o

So I'd hazard a guess Mozilla/Firefox doesn't necessarily see any downside...

gonna go ponder the Brave installation
spence
PeppermintOS 10 currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 06:28:05 pm »
Remember, Mozilla hasn't hit the iceberg yet, there's still time to alter that decision. I remember when the XBOX One was announced, Microsoft said the console would constantly have to be online and they would charge for playing used games. Both decisions met with public outcry and were reversed. Though, they did still require you to buy their spy camera with the console in the first year or two, which is why I didn't buy one at first. But, even that got changed when they released consoles without it. So, Mozilla can swerve to avoid the iceberg. It's a question of whether or not they will. Chrome is already beating them in the market share, they need to decide how much more ground they want to lose with a decision like this. (I'm not saying people will go to Chrome, as it does this too, but they'll seek non Mozilla alternatives)

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 08:27:15 am »
To tell the truth I'm quite surprised by Mozilla's response, so I'm wondering just how 'official' the response was in the first place.

And Mozilla themselves have been forced to backtrack on a few decisions lately because of community reaction .. so yeah this still might be averted (one can hope).
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec