Choose style:

Author Topic: Finally - I'm an EVGA Elitist  (Read 280 times)

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Finally - I'm an EVGA Elitist
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:53 pm »
Been working on this award for a few months, and tonight was the night!

Can't wait to add it to my LinkedIn profile. LoL  :D

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Finally - I'm an EVGA Elitist
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:02:49 pm »
WoW! Now, I'm an Associate, too.

Maybe, I should go buy a lottery ticket...  8)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 01:38:00 pm »
Wassat then ?

BTW, if you're an elitist surely you need to buy a Mac not a lottery ticket ???
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 05:15:37 pm »
This all started, when I came to the realization of how many EVGA cards I had acquired, over the years.

I'm really not a 'Chevy vs Ford' kinda guy, when it comes to video cards. I'm a fan of 'value vs taking it in the shorts'.

The thing that put me over the top was when we were talking about sound cards, a month or two ago. I suggested that a user might consider going with a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy. All of this talk about sound cards, in the middle of my flurry of recent hardware upgrading activities, made me lust for an Audigy 7.1.

As fate would have it, I ran across the freshly released EVGA Nu Audio PCIe Sound Card, but I wasn't willing to pay $250.00 USD for it.

EVGA sent an email out, saying that "Elite Members" could buy it for $199.99 USD. I thought, "Cool, I've certainly bought enough of their products over the years." So, I applied for "Elite Member" status, but I didn't qualify. Now it became a challenge.

There was no way that I was going to buy an $1,100.00 video card, to save $50.00 on a sound card, but the "Elite Member" challenge remained fresh on my mind - as silly as that may seem. Nobody likes rejection, right?

Yesterday, I got an email from EVGA, inviting me to be an "Associate". Part of being an "Associate" allowed free membership in the "Elite Member" program. But, get this... You can't apply to be an "EVGA Associate" unless you also qualify to be an "Elite Member".

So, it was GAME ON, now...  >:(

After reading pages and pages of 'fine print', I discovered that I could qualify for "Elite Member" status - and thus "Associate Member" status, if I could prove that (Option 2) I had purchased at least two (2) qualifying EVGA video cards, sound cards, or power supplies, in the past year.

As it turned out, I have bought three (3) qualifying EVGA video cards, during the past 12 months. I registered the serial numbers and purchase dates at the EVGA site - the site accepted them as being valid - and BOOM BABY!  "Elite Member"status was available.

Applying for "Elite Member" status was easy. The form was already filled out and waiting for me, because the last EVGA video card I bought was actually purchased directly from the EVGA site. Everybody else was out-of-stock. Since they already had all of my personal information on file, it was just a matter of checking a box, stating that I had read and agree to the terms and conditions of the program. After that, becoming an "EVGA Associate" was a slam-dunk. All I had to do is check a box there, too.

And, that's the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would say...  8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:20:47 pm by VinDSL, Reason: Addendum »