Choose style:

Author Topic: The popularity of Peppermint...  (Read 1570 times)

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: The popularity of Peppermint...
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 08:31:33 am »
Thanks for the kind words Slim .. small 'n' friendly suits me just fine, we're not out to rule the world :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline 151tom

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64 bit
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 10:37:22 am »
small 'n' friendly suits me just fine :)
I like small and friendly.

I don't want Linux to rule the world because if that were to happen I believe that a lot of the unwanted bad that comes with Windows will become part of Linux although I may be wrong.

After all Linux ain't for everyone.

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Nine Respin 2
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2019, 11:24:07 am »
small 'n' friendly suits me just fine :)
I like small and friendly.

I don't want Linux to rule the world because if that were to happen I believe that a lot of the unwanted bad that comes with Windows will become part of Linux although I may be wrong.

After all Linux ain't for everyone.

Linux already rules the world, from satellite navigation systems, to Super Computers guarding our money in banks, even the brand new cars in the showroom, are running Linux. On the dashboard of my Renault Scenic 2009 it is Linux, it's GTK2 theming, either dark or light, telling you the speed you're going, how much fuel and what song is being played, through my USB stick. Quite scary to think that car manufacturers rely on Linux, but good at the same time.  If Linux was recognised on the desktop as Windows is, you're right we'll be inundated with all types of threats. And as you say Linux is not for everyone, but if I could just say to people here is an alternative and look what I'm running and doing on my computer, which is running the same as your Proprietary system and quicker, plus more reliably, then it'll open peoples eyes a bit more, but not to the point where every Tom, Dick and Harry on the planet is using Linux. The same can be said for gaming, just need game developers to say yes to a Linux version of their games. Surely to all things holy than my jumper, Linux is easier to make games on, or at least code to?? ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:38:07 am by clatterfordslim »
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline 151tom

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64 bit
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 12:14:13 pm »
Agreed.  :)

I should have said I don't want Linux to rule the world on the home desktop user base.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:44:13 pm by 151tom »