Choose style:

Author Topic: at the risk of seeming clueless- common compaints, G+ going away, loving Pep9  (Read 131 times)

Offline dullblade2

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • Are you a spiritual entity ?
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 -it's awwesum !
1.-  intending to shed light and not heat, but anyone worrying about G+ page going away ?2.-  there are too many topics on this forum-hard to determine where to post-
it would be nice to have a top level category for ALL comments and the latest discussion, which could then be moved to a specific area....3. - I installed PepNine to older Dell and that is what I am using for this post, and I like it so much, I wiped my Rosa install on my TEN year old HP-Compaq workstation and installed it on that too.  It is working great on both boxes.   Cheers and two big Thumbs Up for Peppermint 9-sharing with my friends...
Del l Latitude E6420, Intel core i5-2520M, 32 bit, 2011, fresh 1 TB WD HD, (efi bootloader on /dev/sda2 and rest of drive one partition /dev/sda1-no swap.

We will all learn more and more about less and less, until we know everything about nothing.    But my gratitude is boundless for this community

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
1) Not really, I'm not really a social media person, and any contact with Peppermint itself is best done here anyway.
(we have started a Peppermint MeWe group though)

2) Not sure what you mean .. if you mean a kinda catchall section where forum staff then have to move posts, that would be a lot of extra work for people that lend their time freely don't you think ?.
(it might also make it harder for people to find their topic to read any responses, if it's not where they put it)

3) Great to hear you're enjoying Peppermint that much :)

If unsure, and it's not a "Support" question .. it should probably go in "General > General Discussion"
(in fact that's probably where this should be ;))

Choosing a forum board isn't that difficult .. we're not overly formal here, nobody's gonna chop ya head off if you post in the wrong board ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:12:24 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline dullblade2

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • Are you a spiritual entity ?
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 -it's awwesum !
thanks for that, sir,     
     my personal background has been in marble and tilework for several decades, so I approach a lot of things from the point of view of esthetics, how it looks or presents itself to the eye upon first glance.  And also I think I qualify as a geezer, so I learned to organize with Roman numerals.   So my journey towards linux in general has been kind of back-handed.

I do appreciate the tip about MeWe-it looks good and I will definitely give it a whirl.   But shouldn't there be a sticky to guide folks towards MeWe or an announcement on the G+ site to let folks know ?   I guess  I am both too literal and too compulsive to grasp the way a lot of computer things are organized.
     I also appreciate that it is already a lot of work for those who contribute their time so generously so I am sensitive to that issue.  I would not want to gum up the works or make it more difficult.   It is already difficult enough, I'm sure. 

But, PCProSpec. this forum contains about 20 categories, and I see the importance of all of them, but I think they could be organized or streamlined a little-but it is a minor point and I will try to survey them more before I have any other random ideas to offer.   If I come up with anything, I will post in "suggestions".   I posted this in 'new users' because it seemed that's where most folks would be who were trying to find their way through.
     I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply and to reply so thoroughly.   I have gone to a multitude of forums, primarily on construction topics, and they are an invaluable source of info and even wisdom.   There is nothing like first-hand experience, shared by publicly spirited folks.   And that is one thing that linux means to me, and perhaps the linux community does not appreciate enough about itself. 

Personally, I think linux would gain a lot moretraction if it's mission statement was clearer about offering a cleaner, more honest, less complicated, more customizable, and more open source path for all those tired of dealing with the obfuscation of everything else out there.  Well, that is my slighty more than two cents view. ... thanks for your help.
Del l Latitude E6420, Intel core i5-2520M, 32 bit, 2011, fresh 1 TB WD HD, (efi bootloader on /dev/sda2 and rest of drive one partition /dev/sda1-no swap.

We will all learn more and more about less and less, until we know everything about nothing.    But my gratitude is boundless for this community