Choose style:

Author Topic: Finding "My pictures" and "My documents" on Win 8 hard drive with Peppermint  (Read 1062 times)

Offline frafroe

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 3

I have a Samsung Laptop which used to run Win 8. Something went wrong with the boot files, so I cant access the Laptop.. I have tried to run the Win backup , but cant see the files being backuped  to an externel Device.

I have installed peppermint 3 on a USB and tried to open the hard drive on Laptop in order to save pictures from the folder My pictures and some documents. When I use the file manager in Peppermint I cant find my files (jpg-pictures and Word documnets) I can not see the  folders I have made earlier. I can find other newer folders, but its only software stuff ( like the printer which is installed). Can I have deleted my folders when I tried to run a backup in win 8 (did not run format or New installation)? Or do I not use the Peppermint file manager the right way?

Additonal information: The hard drive was set ut with Win 8 - 64 kb. I have tried both the 32 and 64 edition of Peppermint but dont see any difference when I look at the hard drive. The Win8  was originally set up with a Adm password. Can this influence the Access to "My documents"?

Any ideas how to find my pictures and files on the hard drive?

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
There's no "trick" to using the file manager in Peppermint .. you should just be able to access the windows partition.

Where on the Windows drive are you looking for the pictures/docs/etc. ?

If you're looking in the right path, then they're either not there, or the file system is damaged.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec