Choose style:

Author Topic: Install errors & Update errors associated with Logitech Mouse & Keyboard SOLVE  (Read 162 times)

Offline mysticmuse

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): mintUpdate 4.6.7+peppermint1
Whenever I install or uninstall a program I usually get an error associated with my Logitech mouse and keyboard.  However, the mouse and keyboard work normally.

For instance, I opened Software Manager just now and installed Banchee and received the install error below. 
The latest update also generated the Logitech error show at below that.  Programs generally do install and work normally even though it says it failed.

What to do about all this?

INSTALLL ERROR

Code: [Select]
"Package operation failed... installArchives() failed: 
Extracting templates from packages: 51%%
Extracting templates from packages: 100%%
● g15daemon.service - LSB: load deamon for Logitech G15 keyboard lcd display
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/g15daemon; generated)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-09-14 06:03:57 PDT; 7ms ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 5748 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/g15daemon start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Sep 14 06:03:54 james-desktop systemd[1]: Starting LSB: load deamon for Logitech G15 keyboard lcd display...
Sep 14 06:03:57 james-desktop g15daemon[5781]: Unable to attach to the G15 Keyboard... exiting
Sep 14 06:03:57 james-desktop g15daemon[5748]: Starting g15daemon: .../dev/input/uinput not found ...
Sep 14 06:03:57 james-desktop systemd[1]: g15daemon.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Sep 14 06:03:57 james-desktop systemd[1]: g15daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Sep 14 06:03:57 james-desktop systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: load deamon for Logitech G15 keyboard lcd display.
dpkg: error processing package g15daemon (--configure):
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:21:22 pm by mysticmuse »

Offline zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 x64
Hi mysticmuse,

You need to encapsulate the terminal output with the Insert, Code # function.  For extra long outputs, please use the Spoiler, Sp function. 
If youíre a Chromium Browser and/or a Google Chrome user, please don't combine these functions.  For some reason, they donít work well together with these browsers. 
The formatting gets all goofed up.  Only use one or the other  ;).  These forum functions preserve the original format of the output.  This makes it easier for future visitors to relate to their own issues. 

These functions are found in the forum editor, above the,  :-[ Embarrassed and  the :'( Cry emoticon respectively. 

Use the Preview button to check how it'll look after you post it to forum.  I hope this helps  ;).

I have done it for you on this occasion

Many Thanks and Regards Zeb...
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P9 x64 Desktop - i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz - 32Gb RAM - NVIDIA GTX1070ti 8Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 3440 x 1440
x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
Have you actually got a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline mysticmuse

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): mintUpdate 4.6.7+peppermint1
Keyboard is labled K520 on bottom; I don't think it's gameing.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
Okay you shouldn't need the g15daemon service .. in fact I don't know how it became installed.

So run:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get remove --purge g15daemon
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec