Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint on MeWe  (Read 629 times)

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Peppermint on MeWe
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:02:56 am »
Hi guys

Yesterday I took my first plunge into the world of social media by joining MeWe, MeWe is a new and growing social network platform without the ads, data mining and other privacy concerns normally associated with Facebook , It's all very new to me so I'm feeling my way around at the moment but I've joined a GUN/Linux group it's well subscribed and full of tutorials and tips etc , the owner even posted up a Peppermint video.

So if any of you are getting fed up of Facebook or like me avoided social media altogether for whatever reason have a look it really is very good, I opened it as a means to promote my interests including Peppermint, Linux and open source in general

Might even be worth considering Peppermint to have it's own page who knows

Like us on MeWe (or whatever they say on MeWe) :)

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Peppermint on MeWe
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:31:17 pm »
I have been on MeWe since March, but haven't joined any computing groups... which one do you speak of @emegra/graeme I wouldn't think anybody would want to monitor more than one forum for questions though, fragmentation across multiple social media platforms might drive @PCNetSpec bonkers... but it might be nice to have a presence that directs folks here...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:36:43 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.